Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI unable to process bulky messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Scenario : File to proxy

Flow : FTP > XI1->XI2--->ECC

In our quality XI servers in a file to proxy scenario whenever XI1 is picking up bulky file ( > 10 mb), XI1 process the messages within 5 minutes, following which when the same message goes to XI2, XI2 unable to process message and it get stuck up in queue with status as Running and does not get processed.

If i open this message in SXI_MONITOR, I can see only below steps in message, it doesnot goes to "Request Message Mapping" and subsequent steps.

Inbound Message

Receiver Identification

Interface Determination

Receiver Grouping

Message Branch According to Receiver List

This happening only in case of Bulky messages, where XI2 is failing to process the message.

After some time say 10 minutes or so the message in XI2 gets error out inside queue with message "Time Limit Exceeded"

Thanks & Regards

Amol

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem was with PI standard boolean functon ifelse, We were recommended to use ifselse function and with that the mapping is taking less time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol .

are u using BPM ..in your interface ...let me knw ....?

Regards,

Aziz khan .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aziz,

We are not using BPM...its a simple file to proxy scenario with a simple mapping. The same interface is working in development environment.

Thanks

Amol

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This issue nothing to do with development,when you process 10mb files at a time it create java stack down errors.

we can process 10mb files ,but it is not adviceble to process 10mb files at a time. chnag eyour design..its my opirnion split file in to different chunks.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Actaully this is not the always case we recieve such a bulky file... Hence we opted for this design...Also we are facing this problem recently...before that also our quality XI were able to process such bulky process easily...

Regards

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To add more information to the problem we are facing.... In SM50 i can see below entry ....

No. Ty. PID Status Reasn Start Time Report Cl. User Names

0 DIA 1200324 On Hold RFC Yes 61433 CL_MAPPING_XMS_PLSRV3=========CP 200 PIAPPLUSER

16 BGD 1052742 On Hold RFC Yes 61905 SAPLIRFC 200 PIAPPLUSER

What could be reason ... ?

Regards,

Amol

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amol

Increase the HEAP Size.

Regards

Dheeraj Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

We have increased the Heap Size from 2 GB to 4GB, Still bulky messages are not getting processed through...

Regards

Amol

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you basis people identified why the server creatuing problem?? when you are able to process the same file Quality means even dev system also can.

reqyest your basis team to come up with root cause.

it is my opinion.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Basis team has cross checked each and every parameters both on ABAP and Java stack... even tried to set the parameters at optimum values.. still no resolution ...

Can you suggest certain parameters to check..

Regards

Amol

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When we process bulk messages we can identify the CPU usage stuff and many things... i never done this analysys..

sorry buddy..i dont have much clue.

Regards,

Raj

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check the recommendation in page 24 of this document?

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2016a0b1-1780-2b10-97bd-be3ac6221...

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

We have also set the suggested parameters to optimum value.. But no result..

Regards

Amol