Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh/reload the data of a particular sector/subform/object

florian_halder
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey,

I've searched the forum for performance optimization, but I found only hints why a form may be slow.

For example, a lot of data in drop down boxes or inactive caching on server side......

But that doesn't help me really.

Is it possible not to reload the whole form? For example, to reload the data of a subform or a single table.

In this Threada: []

its a similar question, but I think it was not really answered if it works.

It was only dissuaded him from this....

Regards Florian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

in the latest releases the form is regenareted completely upon actions. There is only an XML data transmission to the server, and it returns an "update xml" what is merged into the PDF file by the reader.

In older releases unfortunatelly the form is always regenerated from the data and template.

Best regards,

Dezso

florian_halder
Participant
0 Kudos

Hallo,

thanks for your replay.

But the XML data which are transfered to the server contain the data of the whole form, or doesn't.

What I want is to transfer the data of the table which data has been changed.

Regards Florian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, in some cases (that is an OSS message reply, thus official) you cannot improve the performance (at least this applies on WD forms, I have never experienced any with Offline scenarios). And... as a result of such OSS message, your customer gets angry and wants you to migrate the solution "back" to WD without any Adobe. Unfortunately... Otto

florian_halder
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Otto,

I'v been thinking that there is no solution....

Thanks anyway.

Regards Florian

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

this is not true. In the latest 701 release, the form will only send an XML update to the ABAP server, this will contain the information you entered into the form. The complete form is NOT transfered.

Best regards,

Dezso

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I will check the latest stuff if that improves the performance, would be cool. But probably the form transfer time is not the worst part of the performance problems (just a guess)? An important role here is the one of the client PC, btw.

Otto

florian_halder
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks again.

@Deszo I misunderstood your answer, but now it clear.

Regards Florian

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Otto,

the client side rendering is also improved in 701, with the lightspeed rendering engine.

Best regards,

Dezso

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Will try and promote the news:)) Thank you, Otto