cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro for ABAP - Textdirection top -> bottom ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

is there any ui-element which enables textdirection top -> bottom or supprts HTML tags to realize this simple requirement ????

Thx !!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You mean you want to write text vertically instead of horizontally? If so I don't believe there is any UI element or layout in Web Dynpro that would allow that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's not nice.... Also a Col and Rowspan in the Table or ALV UI Element would be great, as well as the std. "style" tag extension as property in every UI Element would be nice...

Any chance that this will be implemented in some Support pack ???

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

No. These are fundamental design descisions. Web Dynpro is not HTML specific. It is technology abstracted. This allows us to also render to a Flex Client and a SmartClient and to adpat to future rendering technologies.

We use the concept of a theme instead of individual styles on each UI element. This ensures consistency across all applications.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand this, but if you implement right->Left and Left->Right you should also think about top->bottom & bottom->top, also there is a FormatedTexView with some HTML support but this has no style and can't be embedded as a Celleditor into the ALV... And also the fixed colors for ALV Cells i don't understand why there should be a limitation of colors for cells in CL_WD_TABLE_COLUMN=>E_CELL_DESIGN

I really like and enjoy the WebDynpro for ABAP concept but sometimes i feel really sad for such limits like i mentioned because that is basic layout stuff.....