cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Flex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am developing on Flex and web dynpro, and there is a know bug because of which I get this trace.

at mx.managers::SystemManager/updateLastActiveForm()C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\SystemManager.as:5087

at mx.managers::SystemManager/activateForm()C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\SystemManager.as:2352

at mx.managers::SystemManager/activate()C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\SystemManager.as:2307

at mx.managers::FocusManager/creationCompleteHandler()C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\FocusManager.as:1592

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()

at mx.core::UIComponent/dispatchEvent()C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:9298

at mx.core::UIComponent/set initialized()C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:1169

at mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiation()C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:718

at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()

at mx.core::UIComponent/callLaterDispatcher2()C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:8628

at mx.core::UIComponent/callLaterDispatcher()C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:8568

It seems to be fixed in flex sdk 3.3 and above but I am not able to build my application on flex sdk 3.4 because

WDIslandsLibrary30.swc seems to be built on sdk 3.2.

Any idea how I could fix it?

Regards,

Mayank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

See Note: https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1312542

Flex SDK 3.4 is not supported as documented.

Flex SDK 3.3 should work however.

ged_hurst
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I tried to set up the first tutorial of Adobe Flash Islands Integration.

ABAP side is okay, Flash side is okay, but runtime execution is not.

I've compiled the Flex coding with FlashBuilder 3.5 and the library I've included is WDIslandLibrary30.swc (I've also tried WDIslandLibrary.swc).

However I'm getting a runtime error Illegal override of FlexModuleFactory in mx.core.FlexModuleFactory.

What am I supposed to do?

I've also tried to compile with FlashBuilder 4.0, which is the latest version, but to no avail. In fact I'm getting the error Error #1006: getCurrent is not a function.

Also, Flash 3.3 / 3.4 do not support mx:SeriesZoom, mx:SeriesZoom, and the lowest compatible release appears to be 3.5

Cheers

Edited by: Development Themis on Aug 26, 2010 2:48 PM

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>I've compiled the Flex coding with FlashBuilder 3.5 and the library I've included is WDIslandLibrary30.swc

As stated already in this thread and in the referenced note, Flex SDK 3.4 and higher are not supported by FlashIslands.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1312542

You must install and force build to Flex SDK 3.3 and lower.

>Also, Flash 3.3 / 3.4 do not support mx:SeriesZoom, mx:SeriesZoom,

This works fine for me in Flex 3.2. If you manually loaded an older Flex SDK, make sure that you also load the charting components for that SDK.

Edited by: Thomas Jung on Aug 26, 2010 9:02 AM - gramatical correction only

ged_hurst
Participant
0 Kudos

I've just done that.

However, I'm now getting the error "1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: BarChart.".

I assume charting libs are missing.

Where am I supposed to take the libs from? And, more importantly, what are they?

I downloaded flex_sdk_3.3.0.4852 and I assumed they were in there, but I must've been wrong.

Thank you.

Regards

P.S.: when I access the referenced note I get The requested SAP Note is either in reworking or is released internally only

Edited by: Development Themis on Aug 26, 2010 3:52 PM

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

> I assumed they were in there, but I must've been wrong

No. Adobe doesn't include the Charting libraries as part of the core SDK. This is because Adobe Charges extra for the charting library. In Flex Builder 3, for example, the charting library is only included with the professional version - not the standard edition.

This additional package is call the Data Visualization Components. I'm not sure where Adobe keeps that download. You might have to search around on their site on contact someone at Adobe.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>P.S.: when I access the referenced note I get The requested SAP Note is either in reworking or is released internally only

I'm not sure why the note is in the status "For Checking". I don't see any drastic changes to it. I sent an email to the note author as to why the note has been checked out for a little over a month. Hopefully it will return soon. If there is news on this note I will share it (but more than likely it was just not release by accident).

ged_hurst
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much indeed for your detailed and informative explaining.

Cheers

petri_khknen2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I got the same error, "VerifyError: Error #1053: Illegal override of FlexModuleFactory in mx.core.FlexModuleFactory."

I'm trying to create application from "Adobe Flash Islands for Web Dynpro ABAP Tutorial #1".

We are running NW 7.02, I downloaded WDIslandLibrary40.swc etc. Flash Builder is 4.5 and SDK 4.5.1.

Any ideas where the problem might be ?

-Petri

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The new WDIslandLibrary40.swc library is for Flex SDK 4.0. You are buildign with 4.5.1. I don't believe that release of the SDK is supported yet. Can you install the 4.0 SDK and force build your project to that SDK level? That is more likely to work.

petri_khknen2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

And thanks for the quick reply. I think I can change my SDK, so I will try that !

-Pete

petri_khknen2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi again

That did it ! Thanks a lot !

-Pete

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get this error on compiling my application on flex sdk 3.4

VerifyError: Error #1053: Illegal override of FlexModuleFactory in mx.core.FlexModuleFactory.

at global$init()

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

You should build your Flex project with Flex 3.0 SDK.

Regards,

Roelof

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't as the dump of the bug that I have pasted is fixed in flex 3.3