Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS Document structure

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We are implementing DMS in our organization. Our file storing system is explained below.

1st level - Vendor name (like Nyro / Hydraulics / techno )

2nd level - Project name (like A1 / A2/ A3)

3rd level - Dept. (like Civil / electric/ admin)

4th level - Type (like Drawings / docs / memos)

Can we do thru Document structure or by classification (by creating characteristics / class and attaching to doc. type)

Which one is better way ? If we use document structure can we authorization for each level objects like in 2nd level one person is authorized for A1 another for A2 like way other levels also.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

first create these characteristics and assign to document class. This you can maintain in additional data.

Second thing for authorization you can maintain group wise with help of basis person. Document structure is used for dependancy / connection/reference between the documents.

I hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

mainly you can work with both ways. The creation of a class which enables your users to classify each document info record and then control the permissions with the suitable authorization objects or by a BADI implementation will work.

Another solution would be to create a document BOM structure in CV11 or with the help of the new browser function in ECC 600 release. For further information on the browser function please see also the following link http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/NewFunctionalitiesinERP2005.

Additionally I think that EasyDMS could also be a solution to setup this scenario for your user. In the above SDN WIKI area for DMS you will also find a special content part for EasyDMS too.

In the release ECC 600 with EA-PLM extenstion you can use the ACL authorization concept to add individual authorizations for

users to single document info records. This could be useful to allow one user to enter folder A and another to enter only folder B.

I hope that this information could be useful for you.

Best regards,

Christoph

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph Hopf ,

Thanks for your reply. In 1st method I will be creating a one class for each doc. type / similar ones. Then assign the class to doc. type. I will give authorization to doc. type for that group of people. I will explore if there is an additional use by using BADI. Can I have the details of the BADI which can be used for this purpose.

As suggested by you I have gone through link. My requirement is not to have individual doc. authorization, I want to give authorization to one group combination of levels like in 1st level - Nyro, 2nd level- A1, 3rd level -

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry by mistake post icon has been clicked.

3rd level - civil, so on...

Coming to using using Browser . We can found the docs. and drag them. We can't do authorization control.

By using Document structure we can make BOM by linking the two or more docs. with qty.

My requirement is different, I have various levels and need to show the levels and store the docs along with authorization.

Is there any best way ?

Regards,

Sai Krishna

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

In Std. SAP we can't do this. We need create characteristics for each level.

We need to define no. range based on characteristics.

Work flow to be triggered based on doc. type, doc. status and characteristic values.

Authorization to be given based on characteristic values, not on characteristics.

Above all to be developed & tested. I hope it should work.

Regards,

Sai Krishna