Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Docs. accessing by External Vendor

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We are implementing DMS. We have a requirement.

We will be using DMS for storing Drawings / documents. External vendors also need to store some of the documents.

1. In above scenario we can we use Easy DMS ?

2. Did we need to thru EP ?

3. Some where I am reading KM ? can we do thru this ?

What we are thinking is creating a new Doc. type for this purpose. Create A remote connection of SAP to them. We will authorize external vendors to view only New doc. type we create.

We also want work flow to generate after creating document info record by external vendor. After creating by them our company persons view it change(by putting our comments) if required or reject (for new submission) and store it according may be with new version. Then external vendor will get work flow object accordingly.

Pls. let me know the best method to do this ?

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

generally I think your external vendor could use EasyDMS to logon to your system and create documents there. Normally EasyDMS application communicates with the backend via a RFC connection. So if the connections are set up correctly your external vendors should be able to logon to your system and create the required document info records.

Best regards,

Christoph

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph Hopf ,

Thanks for your reply. This we can do without Easy DMS also by remote connection. Can we get any additional benefit bu using Easy DMS in my scenario.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we think of KM for my scenario.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

external access to SAP DMS is part of SAP PLM 7.0. You can see more here:

[ [original link is broken]| [original link is broken]] -> Collaboration.

There is no need for KM or a Portal for this scenario, as everything now runs on WebDynpro ABAP. With the new authorization concept in DMS it is now much easier to controll access from externals.

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai Krishna,

You may also want to explore c-folders as an option.cFolders enables the sharing of documents and product information with members of various virtual teams that are either part of your enterprise or trading partners e.g., customers and suppliers. cFolders is typically setup outside of the enterprise firewall and accessed via web browser.It is integrated to SAP ECC, SAP Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), SAP Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), SAP Knowledge Management and SAP NetWeaver cRooms (collaboration rooms).

'c-folders' details : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ppm400/helpdata/en/00/e8c80ae8fc3842b5bedf5d67879dae/frameset.htm

You can start with a cFolders implementation and then build out comprehensive SAP PLM applications like DMS et-al in a phase-based approach.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar H.

Edited by: Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar on May 4, 2010 11:51 AM

Answers (0)