cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample Size assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a issue to get sample size in inspection lot. expected sample size is 348 but system proposed sample size is 448.

In the inspection plan,

MIC Sample Size Control Indicator

Additive Destruct

Charact1 315 X X

Charact2 13 X X

Charact3 20 X X

Charact4 20

Charact5 20

here charact3 to 5 we are using dependent multiple sample of 5levels of 20 sample size.

Can any body please help me to fix this issue,

Regards,

Krish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Additive lets follow the example

I II III

Sample quantity Additive Additive Additive

-

Characteristic 1 15 Un. (X)

Characteristic 2 30 Un. X X

Characteristic 3 20 Un. X

Total qty 30 Un. 50 Un. 65 Un.

Example I: No indicator for additive samples is set. The system therefore determines the sample quantity for characteristic 2 as the quantity for the partial sample.

Example II: The indicator for additive samples is set for characteristic 2. The system therefore determines the sample quantity of characteristic 3 as the quantity for the partial sample and increases this by the sample size of characteristic 2.

Example III: The indicator for additive samples is set for characteristics 2 and 3. The system therefore determines the sample quantity of characteristic 1 as the quantity for the partial sample and increases this by the sample sizes of characteristics 2 and 3, irrespective of whether the indicator was also set for characteristic 1.

As per this example sample size of

1st will become :-315+13

2nd will become:-13+20

3rd wil become:-20+20

For destructive actully it depends on "inspected" colomn of that sample in RR.

("To be insp" & "Inspected")

check the same & cofirm ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thanks for your information.

For charach4 & 5 what i have to select, since charact3,4&5 we can use the same sample for testing.

Can you please explain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well this actually depends on your sample mechanisam.

What i mean is for first char itself you have 315 samples.So the sample size of that char including additive will become 315+13.This is huge Qty,so if you are not using char 4 or 5 as destructive then also system can have well managed samples as per what you have selected.You really should not specify last char as additive or destructive.

As per my knowledge question remains is what is "inspeted" size for the char which you have defined as destructive.This will ans your question.'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem Solved.

Thanks.