cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel update of CI with application instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have JP ux with SAP 5.0 , oracle , we allready performed kernel update on DEV & QA , i want to know the procedure for CI with APP instance, do i need to update both saperately ?

regards

Sachin Sonawane

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan Sir,

the OS for both instance is same but the /sapmnt/SID/exe is not shared because they are showing different sizes & files,

Then i need do it separately ?

Thanks

Sachin Sonawane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Yes that what Juan mean is.

If your /sapmnt/exe directory is not shared you have to do seprately only.

Regards,

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the OS for both instance is same but the /sapmnt/SID/exe is not shared because they are showing different sizes & files,

Then i need do it separately ?

If /sapmnt/SID/exe is not shared then you have to do it separately.

Is a standard practice (included on the installation guide) that application servers share following directories with the CI,

/sapmnt/SID/exe (This is not shared/mounted on heterogenous environments)

/sapmnt/SID/global

/sapmnt/SID/profile

Read the guide for reference

Regards

Juan

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved ,

Thank you very much !

Sachin Sonawane

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let's make this clear...

If your application server uses the same kernel (Same OS) and shares the /sapmnt/<sid>/exe directory with the CI, then you need simply to restart the instance and SAPCPE should distribute the kernel.

If your application server do not use the same kernel (Different OS) it won't share the kernel directory with your CI and you will need to install the new kernel on it separetely.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge, you need not to update both separately. First you need to shutdown the application instances. Then shutdown the CI and take backup of old kernel in both CI and application instances. Next, first you need to update the kernel in CI and start the instance. After CI comes up successfully then you need to start the application instances it automatically synchronise kernel level in APllication Instance .the program uised for this SAPCPE.

Regards

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge, you need to update both separately. First you need to shutdown the application instances. Then shutdown the CI and take backup of old kernel in both CI and application instances. Next, first you need to update the kernel in CI and start the instance. After CI comes up successfully then you need to update the kernel on the application instances and start them.

Make sure that kernel update level is same in both CI and application instances.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You need to check your file system , if you have shared /sapmnt/SID/exe then you dont need to do seprately .

But in case its not shared you need to upgarde kernel manually in CI and APP.

Regards,