Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assistance Class Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using assistance class in my program for removing the errors of DB_SELECT

Bcause of this assistance class my application become very slow .

Can any tell fisible soln for that

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved by my own

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fetch the data in the component controller using assistance class and save it in an attribute. Use this attribute in your views. Hope it will solve your problem.

Also Check in your assistance class method that how large of data is coming, if it's too large try to short it by using more conditions on selection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpi,

What is DB_SELECT error..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

DB_select error comes in code inspector, that tells that we can not use select queries in dynpro application

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Assistant classes will not make the program slow.

please check how many data entries u are having in table and how many u are selecting. if you are selecting a large no of records then only it will run slow.

And also use function modules for select queries not assistant classes. assistant classes are used when the same thing need to be used in more than one component.

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And also use function modules for select queries not assistant classes. assistant classes are used when the same thing need to be used in more than one component.

Yes you can use assistant classes for data sharing and reuse. But they are also very useful for implementing the abstraction of the MVC coding paradigm.

An assistance class can ensure that all data access (model part of MVC) is separated from your visual representation and control (Controller and View parts of MVC).

And function modules are an outdated coding practice - embrace OO!

- Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you come to any point on the issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Created class for the same