cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Location Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a scenario where i need to move all the defective materials which come to me as returns to a different Storage location.

1. I have plant as xxbb

2. I have a shipping point as xxbb again

3. I have 2 Storage locations say 00 and 01

I use Storage location 00 for goods issue and I want if customer is going to return the stock because the product is defective I want to keep the stock in the storage location 01. After correcting the material I want to move it to storage location 00 again.

Can any one tell me how to do an automatic storage location determination i.e 01 in the above retunrs scenario

I know for goods issue we can do the Storage location determination by Delivering plant, Shippingpoint and storage condition.

But in this scenarion I have only one plant and one shiiping point but two storage locations.

I want to determine 00 while goods issue and 01 while goods receipt (Returns).

Regards,

Viswanath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

There is an user exit V02V0002 to implement storage location determination.

best reguards

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved

harry_wu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the customizing here:

IMG -> LE -> Shipping -> picking -> Determine picking location -> define rules for picking location determination.

1. For return, you should has a certain delivery type. (e.g. LR) . You can defined different storage location determination rule for different delivery type.

=======================================

MALA Shipping point / plant / storage condition

RETA Plant / situation (SITUA) / storage condition

MARE MALA, then RETA (backup procedure)

=======================================

2. According to the rule that you assigned to the delivery type, you can set default storage location.

E.g.

For plant A,

You can set rule MARA for normal outbound delivery types.

Then you set rule RETA for all the return delivery types.

Then you can set different default storage location for outbound and return deliveries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There could be two options :-

1. Enter the Storage Location for Returns while creating a Returns Sales Order but this process will be manual.

2 You have to use Authorization Object either in Sales Order Document Type or Delivery Type .In such case , when ever you create a Sales Order / Delivery Type , it will pick automatically the Storage Location as 01.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do the following:-

a) Create a new schedule line category for returns in VOV6

b) Assign movement type 655 for this schedule line category

c) Assign this schedule line category to your item category in VOV5

d) Ensure that the item category is assigned to your return order type

e) Most importantly, you should have a separate document types for return order, return delivery and credit note

Create a return sale order and do PGR. Check the stock where it is posted.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi