cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activity Checkin error

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Guys,

We once downloaded the ess~lea source code from NWDI and edited it locally, no activity is tied with these changes.

now we need to check in the local source code into NWDI so that other developers can download and edit, thusI added local DC source code into an open activity in DTR, but when i want to check in this activity, it prompts error saying:

The transaction failed because the execution of one of its commands failed. The command CheckinCommand failed with x:cannot-modify-locked-activity.

" 16:13:14.482 CHECKIN (FAILED: x:cannot-modify-locked-activity)

Any idea on this?

thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try force uploading the files that you modify?

Edited by: elale666 on Aug 12, 2010 10:57 PM

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

activity should be created before any modification.

how can you edit the file without a activity?

Best regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

No solution found.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not clear about the scenario mentioned by you. As per the error message, I believe some other person in the team checked out the same file with exclusive check out option. Try to verify the same. If it is not the case, then I would suggest to take a back up of changes done and remove the project from NWDS. Create a new copy of project followed by activity. Copy the changes in the activity and then try to check in.

If possible, plz throw some light on the steps taken to do changes locally and then creating activity.

Regards,

amit bagati