Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help on idoc scenario

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on idoc to file scenario.

if idoc has some modification has done then what are the procedure do i follow.

Is it necessery to import idoc again and do th mapping.

Give me suggestions.

Thanks,

Seenu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using a custom IDOC or Standard one?

if IDOC has some modification has done then what are the procedure do i follow

If the IDOC is modified in the ECC in terms of structure like adding a segment or change in the occurrence , change in length of fields ,then yes you have to re import the IDOC.this is because you must have same structure in PI mapping as its there in the source system.

About changing the mapping , it think if you are in PI 7.1 you can use the [structural correction|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/8662] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; and do the mapping for the changed fields only.

Regards,

Srinivas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes... you have to import the IDoc again along with its metada.

Thanks

Uaruna

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is metadata.

How do i import metadata.

Thanks,

Seenu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can load the metadata in IDX2, metadata is basically the structure of the IDOC.

Read this http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8a/b8b13bb3ace769e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Idoc Metadata is required in the PI System. Once the Scenario runs there should be a reference structure in PI to know what the IDoc Structure is.

IDX2 step is not mandatory, Idoc Metadata will get automatically created in the PI server once you run the scenario. If still the Metadata is not present then add through IDX2. Provide IDX1 port configurations are correct.

Also, in your case it's better to reimport Idoc to PI system as the structure is changed in the SAP R/3 system for Idoc.

In PI 7.1, u can make the changes in the Mapping itself to the structure, the Mapping wn't be affected. In PI 7.0, if u do any changes in the structure , Mapping will be affected. Need to re do the Mapping.

Thanks,

Sreejith

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
if idoc has some modification has done then what are the procedure do i follow.

Is it necessery to import idoc again and do th mapping.

Import the IDOC again and also import the Metadata for this IDOC

Mapping has to be redone only if the additional fields are to be mapped.

Regards,

Abhishek.