Generating a notification number

Hi all...

We have a requirement to automatically generate the notification number for specific notification types based on certain logic that depends on the notification data which standard number ranges cannot cover. This mechanism (number generation) will be used in several places (e.g. IW21, interface, etc..). The problem is not in implementing the number ranges logic, but rather in getting it to be used in IW21 and all other required place. I have two questions:

- Should the number range of these notification types be internal or external? I believe it should be internal. Otherwise, user needs to input the notification number which we should be generating! Unless there is something I am missing

- Which enhancement spot or BAdi, if any, should be used to trigger this number range to be used? I can overwrite the notification number in NOTIF_EVENT_SAVE but the system message that comes after saving in IW21 does not show me the number I generated, but it shows the number system generated according to the standard number ranges Clarification: although in QMEL the number I generated is used and not the system generated one.

Any ideas?

Ali AlAwami

Edited by: Sayied on May 2, 2010 11:59 AM