Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS-Messages through output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

How to get output messages in DMs.

I tried to creat an output messages for user ID I have competed the config settins

I have given the partener functions in output type like approver,person responsible with medium (7simple mail)

and maitained conditon record in ccv2 with document status and partner function.

I am not geeting output message.

What else I have to do to get message to a particular user with user name. Not through workflow.

Regards,

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I think that the event type linkage function could be a useful idea to get your users notified. Please call transaction 'SWETYPV', scroll down to entry 'DRAW CHANGED DOKST' or 'DRAW CHANGED DISTRIBUTION', go to the details and set the flag for 'Linkage Activated'.

CCV2 does not work for DMS as the alternate method that is document distribution is available for distributing the document info records. Document Distribution should help you distributing the Document info records which is widely used by other customers too.

You can distribute documents in transaction CVI8 in foreground. Using his transaction you can manually distribute/print the DIR to the recipient BUT distribution can also be triggered in background when the DIR is changed in CV02N. This distribution is triggered based on any change in the DIR or you can also have status specific change.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph ,

As per your advice I tried SWETYPV in SE93, but i haven't find DRAW CHANGED DOKST' or 'DRAW CHANGED DISTRIBUTION in the selection, only the following objects are there in F4 option.

'Document structure

Document distribution order

Document partial order

Document distribution order package

Kindly suggest how to go about it.

Regards,

Venkat

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

could you please check the existence of the mentioned entries in transaction SWETYPV and not via SE93. In SWETYPV you should be able to find these standard entries if you scroll down.

Best regards,

Christoph

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Typically, in DMS, we use document distribution strategy to notify employees/external customers/partners by e-mail regarding changes to originals.Do browse through the below links for an improved understanding of the same

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/7a/973035624811d1949000a0c92f024a/frameset.htm

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/DocumentManagement(CA-DMS)

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Where do you have maintained the receipient ID. Please try thru document distribution - reciepient list.

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Ravindra