cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check role and authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have following questions and really hope you can help me.

1.Whether there are transactions or reports in SAP which will display all changes that has been done in User roles and authorisations assignments. For example, from the beginning the user had a limited authorisation, when it was changed to greater one? The same issue for the roles, assuming there were changes in role.

2.How can I test, whether the user has got a proper authorisation and can execute only the transactions he is supposed to do?

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For missimg authorization you can run transaction su53 for the user, with this u can get the authorization that was missing to perform the task by user.

Regards,

Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use transaction SUIM to display all change documents for the user. This will show you which roles were added and deleted, when, and by whom.

SUIM also has the option of showing all transactions executable by a given user.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

thank you for your suggestions, however my problem is a bit deeper, because I am not authorized to execute these transactions. Are there any other alternative variants to check it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

SUIM and SU53 are read-only transactions. They don't allow you to change anything. If you need this information to do your job then you should be given access to SUIM. It is by far the easiest way of getting the information you are looking for. If you can see which roles a user has (SU01D) and can look inside those roles (PFCG), then you can build the same list but it is harder work. I can think of no reason you shouldn't have access to SUIM if security administration is part of your job.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

thank you very much the problem is solved now.