cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update exisiting remote in MDM!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there any way to update the exisitng remote key. I have a scenario in which I need to re-import the existing record in data manager. The record has already a remote key.I would like to change/update this remote key value, without a different value.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Remote keys in MDM are structured similar as Qualified tables.

You can update the remote keys for the records in MDM by reimporting the data.

Suppose for the Lookup table COuntries we need to update existing remote keys. Follow the steps as below-

1. Prepare a file with all existing records in COuntry table.

2. In the import map clone the field Country code map to Remote key.

3. Select update all mapped fileds. This by default will append the remote keys for each record in the lookup table Countries.

If you need to replace the remote keys with a new set-

1. Delete the remote system first in console. All remote keys are dleted.

2. Recreate the remote system and reimport as explained above. ALl records will have new keys now.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your reply.

Let me explain you my scenario. I have records to be created from portal. While syndicating those records the remote system & remote key details are keyed in for the records. Before syndicating the record to the remote system I would like to re-import the record in to data manager & while doing this I would like to replace the remote key with the other one (value in the field mapped to the remote key). While doing this it keeps the existing remote key details & creates a new one, since both the values are dffferent. This is the way the remote key is supposed to behave.

But is there a way I could achive my requirement.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ravi

This is not possible. The default behavior is that the remote keys are always appended and we dont have an option of replace.

What is the need for updating different remote keys other than what has been generated during syndication?

Best regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your reply.

The reason I am looking for updating different remote key other than what has generated during syndication is that I am using a qualified range for generating vendor numbers to be generated during syndication based on account group. In my scenario I need to incorporate the alphanumeric vendor numbers too. So for such account groups I am using a dummy number range asin qualified range alphanumeric values are not allowed. So I would like to replace the dummy value of the remote key generated with the external value entered.

Is there a workaround for this?

Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. Got it now.

I guess this is not possible, we can wait for other replies also.

In this case you can import the remote keys again so that they are appended with the alphanumeric keys coming from ECC.

Each vendor record with alphanumeric number range will have 2 remote keys- one generated during syndication as per the qualified range and another imprted back from ECC.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

If your requirement is to remove the assigned remote keys and reassign new remote keys then disable the remote key option for the Main table in Console so that all th remote keys will be washed away. Now you can freshly import a record and you will get new remote keys.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for yor reply.

I also have the same understanding as of yours. But was just wondering if there is any way out to handle this particular issue.

Hope if any one has dealed with such kind of issue.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

So I would like to replace the dummy value of the remote key generated with the external value entered. Is there a workaround for this?

I would say here when you are syndicating records for this particular account groups it should not be syndicated with that remote system. Create a New Remote System Say (Dummy system) in Console. Set this qualifed Range for all such Particular account groups for which you want alphanumeric key. Now after syndicating records out of MDM. when you right click on record and see Edit Key Mapping.

You will find details as below:

RemoteSystem Key

Dummy system 1234

During PI, you will do message mapping where you map to target System Say ABC if it has source structure (file out of MDM through Syndicator) as ABC or Dummy system with target structure ABC. Here you will give condition if either of this Remote system (ABC or Dummy system {should be replaced with ABC}) comes then PI should map it to Target system ABC.

On the other hand, when you actually re-import this record with alphanumeric key that time select remote system as actual target system say ABC not dummy system. So after this when you will see Edit Key mapping you will have two records for this particular record.

RemoteSystem Key

Dummy system 1234

ABC 123BDF45YU (Alphanumeric) with required target system.

So either you can delete remote system (Dummy system) & remote key (1234) manually using data manager or keep it there which will not effect or independent of remote system ABC and your purpose of that existing remote system(ABC) with Alphanumeric key will be served.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mandeep.

This seems to be a wonderfule solution. Will try at my end also.

I am assuming following other pre requisites-

Since the record syndicated will have r1 as remote key and while reimporting r2.

We need to have an common identifying field for updating r1 back in MDM which can be MDM Auto ID.

Also this Auto ID field needs to be accomodated in ECC/mapped to some dummy field.

Thanks again-

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi & Manddep,

I have worked out the things for this issue based on both of your inputs. Just wanted to share with you the way to have a single remote key details for the external number range.

Define a remote system for the internal number range & assign the qualified range to it. Now define the a dummy remote system exlusively to handle the external number range for the same rmote system. For the internal number range the key mapping details would be genereated during synidciation which needs to re-import back to key in the Material number back in MDM. For the syndication of external number range records add a field to have the value of remote system in the syndication map. Now while re-importing back replace the value of the dummy remote system with the actual remote system. So after re-impoting you have just a single remote key details for that particluar record.

Thanks for all your inoputs on this issue.

Regards,

Ravi