cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade SM 7.0 to EhP1 - Windows service SAP<SID>_<inst.no> does not start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have to upgrade our Solution manager 7.0 (Windows 2003 32-bit, NW 7.0 SP15, Kernel SP185, non-unicode) to the latest SP of EhP1. I downloaded the upgrade and update guides and followed them.

1. Updated to SPAM 700 SP38.

2. Stopped the server and updated the Kernel to 32-bit non-unicode 7.01 SP69.

3. I tried to start the services SAPOSCOL and SAP<SID>_00 and both did not started sayin the application is broken and needs reinstall.

4. I downgraded to Kernel 23-bit non-unicode 7.01 SP55 and tried again - the service SAPOSCOL started but the service SAP<SID>_00 did not.

5. I downgraded to Kernel 23-bit non-unicode 7.01 SP15 and tried again - the same as with SP55.

6. I restored the original Kernel and the server started normally.

The update guide says I first should update SPAM and the Kernel and after that run SAINT to import the EhP1 components selected in MOPZ.

I found a suggestion to run SAINT import before the Kernel upgrade - should I do it?

How can I resolve the problem?

Thanks everyone!

Petar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Petar,

You cannot upgrade from SP 15 to the most current version of EHP1, which is SP22.

If you are not at SP17 you must first upgrade to SP17, then you can upgrade directly to any SP from 18-22.

So in your case SP15 -> SP17 -> any SP between 18-22 directly.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Paul!

I finally found [another thread|; with similar problem solved by SAP note 684106. It solved my problem too.

I will try to continue update from the current state but will have in mind if something goes wrong your advice. I will write later for the results.

Regards,

Petar