cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPC characteristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a step by step manual to implement SPC characteristic management ?

I tried whit SAP library, but i don't succeed. There is documentation with practical examples?

Thanks

G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

okaygirish
Explorer
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not think you understand.

I would simply need to know for each inspection characteristics: inspection lots, minimum and maximum value found, average and standard deviation. I'm trying to use the features of SPC to do this because I did not find standard reports that extract this information. Even the transaction QGP1 does this. I'm afraid the only alternative is to create a custom report (for free), but I am surprised that such information is not available to standard!

Thaks

G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding your inspection lot display, pls refer to the link. Gajesh explained this very nicely to me. In case you have doubt, write back.

[;

For your query about min, max, standard deviation report, did you try changing layout of QGP1? You can select max, min, standard deviations there also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineeth Varghese,

I changed the MIC as you said and I made other inspection lots.

If I try to select "Display statistical values" System responds with the following error message:

There is insufficient data available

Message no. QE720

Diagnosis

The function you require cannot be carried out with the data available.

For the calculation of the capability indices cp and cpk, the standard deviation of the population is estimated from the sample results, for example. Depending on the method of estimation, a minimum number of samples or a minimum sample size is required.

System Response

The function was not carried out.

Procedure

Select annother function.

The exact requirements depend on the function module defined for the track in the Customizing application. In your case, it is module QRKT_MEAN_VALUE_SHEWHART.

How do I know what the minimum number of samples that I must create?

G.

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

When you go for control indicator = "single recording", the system asks for change in customizaton of control chart type.

Secondly, only one control chart would be there for multiple readings recorded in different inspection lots, thus you would be able to see only those inspection lot with which a new control chart number was given rest all inspection lots wont be shown in QGC1 or QGC3.

Since these reports are of control charts and not of inspection lot and control chart is record of multiple recordsing which are done in multiple inspectionl lot in your case.

Thanks

SUMIT

PS : give points if answer helps you...

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok with this setting I can see the results.

In the list "overwiev quality control charts for inspection lot" I can only see one inspection lot, while I have created 3. Why not present the other twoinspection lot?

When I select "call control char" I see the chart with the three results correctly.

But I see need the following data:

Minimum value

Maximum value

average

standard deviation

Is it possible to have this information?

Thanks,

G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm no expert on SPC characteristics.

Unfortunately I still could not solve the problem. I was hoping to find help on this forum.

G.

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

In the QGC1 or QGC3, check the status input, it should not be equal to "3", but it should be from "1" to "5".

Thanks

SUMIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Checked. All are 5, still prolem is all inspection lots are not being shown up. System status is same for all lots.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I made MIC named "SPC "with the following control data:

Type:

x lower specif. limit

x Upper specif. limit

Sample:

x Sampling procedure

x spc characteristic

Result confirmation:

x Summ. recording

X Defecti recording

X required char

Then I created a sampling procedure named "SPC" with these fdata:

Sampling type: Fixed sample

Valuation mode: 500 Manual valuation

Inspection points: Sampling management

control char type: 111 shewart chart for x-bar/sample

sample size = 1

then I created a inspection plan with characteristic SPC. In the view sample feature "SPC" I entered

Sampling procedures: SPC

SPC criterion: 020 task list Characteristic / Material

I created two inspection lotsl for this material and inserted two different results.

In the usage decision if I look results history, I see only the single inspection lot that I'm managing. The transactions QGC1, and QGC2 QGC3 not report data. What I wrong, I must define the different sampling procedures?

G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Any soulution you found? I am facing the same problem.

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

1. In MIC, can you change from summury recording to single recording and try.

2. Another try, just increase sample size from 1 to 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 and create few lots and see whether graph getting plotted or what?

I dont know what is going wrong, but for me it worked. I will also try..

Thanks

Vineeth Varghese

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks but that thread does not risulve my problems.

I would also understand how to create the sampling procedures correctly. What are the control chart type. I did some tests but with QGC1, QGC2 and QGC3 get no result.

I would need to extract a customer statistics that show the annual average, minimum, maximum and standard deviation of the characteristics quntitative and material.

Reading SAP library spc characteristic allow me to have this, but I can not implement them properly.

G.

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Giuseppe,

Create an inspection plan

Create an MIC with SPC char through control indicator.

Assign this MIC to plan

Use sampling procedure with X bar and Standard deviation.

Choose, control chart for Material in the inspection plan.

This setting can provide you a chart with info for this material like minimium and maximum and avaerage values. Please use the tab result history for getting this information by choosing quantitative alyout by choosing this MIC.

Now system can plot a chart for you for this material Vs MIC combination. Xbar and Satandard deviation.

I worked on this sucessfully, any doubts, please let me know.

Thanks

Vineeth Varghese

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer :

Thanks

SUMIT