cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with ConnectInit parameter

0 Kudos

Hi,

Iu2019m trying to use the ConnectInit setting on the Universe connection to set some Oracle session parameters, NLS_DATE_FORMAT and NLS_TERRITORY, without any success. I can set either parameter but not both at the same time. Iu2019ve tried using a semi colon delimiter, tried creating an anonymous pl/sql block and getting it to invoke an existing package without any success. Iu2019ve canu2019t find any documentation on this parameter. Running XIR2 on Oracle 10G

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Ensure that the configuration section of the PRM file for oracle is set as follows on the BOBJ server:

<Parameter Name="REMOVE_SEMICOLONS">N</Parameter>

Regards,

Stratos

0 Kudos

Hi Stratos,

I tried this without any success, same problem as before. I checked the prm file and noticed that this was already here :

<Parameter Name="REMOVE_SEMICOLONS">No</Parameter>

I pasted in your line anyway but didn't seem to make any difference.

Cheers

Alistair

0 Kudos

Hi

quick workaround: try to set the second session attribute by modifying the BEGIN_SQL parameter in your universe (File->Parameters->parameters).

Regards,

Stratos

0 Kudos

Stratos,

Still no joy. I set the BEGIN_SQL parameter in the Universe, it accepted it okay but didn't seem to work. I wrote an ad-hoc query in WebI and the NLS_DATE_FORMAT isn't being reset. I did a quick google and i don't think BEGIN_SQL is available till 3.1, we are still on XI R2.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Alistair

0 Kudos

Try the following command

alter session set NLS_DATE_FORMAT=XXXXX NLS_TERRITORY=YYYY

Regards,

Stratos

Edited by: Efstratios Karaivazoglou on May 3, 2010 10:30 AM

0 Kudos

Stratos,

Problem solved, you are a star.