Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XK03 can be restricted by account group in order to prevent general users

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Please advise, if XK03 can be restricted by account group in order to prevent general user population from displaying employee data ?

I understand that XK03 has auth object F_LFA1_GRP for account group in which I restricted with 03 and particular account groups but still the test is failing because the test user is able to view employee data.

Please suggest..

Regard's

Salman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

F_LFA1_GRP is the correct method. You need to assign an auth group to the employee vendors and then ensure that your users do not have authorisation to that particular auth group in any of the auths assigned to the user.

When you run a trace accessing an employee vendor, you should see a check performed on F_LFA1_GRP. If you don't then check that the auth group is assigned to that vendor and that the check for XK03 has not been deactivated via SU24.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

F_LFA1_GRP is the correct method. You need to assign an auth group to the employee vendors and then ensure that your users do not have authorisation to that particular auth group in any of the auths assigned to the user.

When you run a trace accessing an employee vendor, you should see a check performed on F_LFA1_GRP. If you don't then check that the auth group is assigned to that vendor and that the check for XK03 has not been deactivated via SU24.

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thank you !

By your last update, do you mean auth group or account group? If you are talking about auth group then this auth object F_LFA1_BEK (XK03) has auth group.

I checked the F_LFA1_GRP is active in SU24. Is there something which i need to look in F_LFA1_BEK for particular auth group after restricting the auth object F_LFA1_GRP with account group ?

Thank you for your valuable suggestions

Regard's

Salman

0 Kudos

Sorry Salman, you are correct. I didn't post the correct response previously as I was doing 2 different things. Apologies.

You do need F_LFA1_BEK + F_LFA1_GRP for this restriction to work properly. The auth group is the most important one & that is the one that will only appear in the trace if it has been maintained against the vendor.