cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backend dump CX_WD_GENERAL when using the UI element ' 'ThresholdSlider'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I am using the UI element 'ThresholdSlider' in my application and its working fine from front end. However it gives a Runtime Error: UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION with exception CX_WD_GENERAL when ever the user tries to drags the slider to chaneg the value. This does not happen if the user clicks on the slider to change the value.

As I said, the user do not face any issues in using the UI element/application. However, it gives a backend dump every time he drags the slider.

Can you please help me resolve this issue?

Highly appreciate your help.

Thanks and Regards

Pramod Ch

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Can you recreate the problem in the standard SAP application: WDR_TEST_THRESHOLD_SLIDER . If so then you should search for support notes and/or open a support ticket.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having same problem.

Issue: When user is dragging the scrollbar it is giving dump in the backend. User is not getting any error on portal but each time when user drag scrollbar, it is giving dump in backend.

Any help is highly appreciable.

Edited by: Vishal Kolhe on Jul 14, 2010 2:38 PM

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Same suggestions I gave before - can you recreate the problem in WDR_TEST_THRESHOLD_SLIDER? What are the details of the dump (check ST22)? Consider opeing a support ticket - espeically if the problem can be recreated in the standard SAP application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas: This is for Vishal's question and your reply. Yes, we can reproduce the same in our systems and we opened a OSS message with SAP. SAP replied with two notes.

1414404 - Web Dynpro ABAP generates unnecessary dumps

1474351 - Corrections for unified rendering up to SAP_BASIS 701/8 I

The second note is huge and got multiple dependencies and this correction is coming on 701/SP8 which will be released on Oct2010. Can you please tell me why there are so many dependenices for a simple basic scroll bar error, that notes got multiple corrections. Did SAP rewrite this functionality on enhanement package 4. It seems little odd.

Any inputs will be appreciated.

Andi.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Can you please tell me why there are so many dependenices for a simple basic scroll bar error, that notes got multiple corrections.

The Corrections for unified rendering rendering notes are large because they are collective notes that correct all known issues in the rendering. When you load these notes they replace all the Unified Rendering files (all CSS and JavaScript) for all UI elements. Although you may be looking to only fix one relatively small error, it necessitates that the entire JavaScript library be kept in sync.

>Did SAP rewrite this functionality on enhanement package 4.

Actually this particluar UI element was new in ERP Enhancement Package 4 (NetWeaver 7.01). But as explained above, the size and complexity of the note in question isn't related to this one particluar issue alone, but becuase the fix is a collective one.