Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with ForEach block in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario as follows:

Collecting Idocs and send them separately via file channel (Does not make so much sense but I want to get used using the forEach Block)

Loop (as long as "control" != false)

Fork

1. branch: Wait step 1 minute and container operation assign "control" = false (if no more idoc is received, loop stops after 1 minute)

2. branch: receive step with correlation, container operation with append to multiline message, container operation assign "control" = true

Mapping

multiline message to single line message (same interface)

ForEach Block

Send Step with single line message

My problem:

x idocs get collected by the BPM and my file channel posts x idocs to the directory but it is always the same idoc and not x different ones.

Any idea on that?

Regards.

Oliver.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the problem is with the messages structure that goes into the ForEach block.....it seems to have data only for one IDOC....can you confirm that this message has ll the collected IDOCs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to post the message without the ForEach block and I got one message with each idoc I sent to PI. So the collecting of the idocs does work. After including the ForEach block back into the bpm and sending the same messages to PI I got only one of the idocs multiple times, again. That's very strange. Is there any setting to be done in the ForEach block which is not described in the blog?

Regards

Oliver Barnert

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you talking about this blog: /people/milan.thaker/blog/2008/08/05/modes-in-block-step-of-bpm

At least when i tried the settings for ForEach using this blog it worked.....i think you should re-check the multi-ine and Current Line elements that you are using....current line element should be restricted to the Block....there are not extra settings required.

I feel that either the transformation is not producing the Multi-Line message structure or some settings for the Block is missing.

If you go to SXI_CACHE and check the XML version of your BPM, can you find all the elements as you have included in your BPM in IR?

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that's the blog I used.

I have used the same interface for Send/Receive Steps, the Multi-Line Element and the Current Line Element. I restricted the Current Line Element to the block. Any other definition would not show up in the dropdown list, anyway.

These are my settings for the Block:

Step Name: Block1

Description: [Blank]

Mode: ForEach

MultiLine Element: Idoc_Multi

CurrentLine: Idoc_Local

End Condition, Exceptions and Local Correlations: [Blank]

Here are the settings for the Send Step:

Step Name: Send1

Description: [Blank]

Mode: Asynchronous

Create New transaction: [Not marked]