cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KPRO Content Versions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys, Girls

Is there a way to remove the content server versions in DMS.

Our Content Server is at 90% capacity and we are going to run into problems soon.

Config has the Content Version tick active, and if I understand this correctly, it stores a snapshot of the document as it was during a specific status?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Freddie.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To use or not to use content versions is set up in DC10 on the documents different status.

If Content version is ticked in, there is a copy of the file saved each time an original file is checked in.

When a document is displayed in SAPGui there is possibility to activate any of these content versions from the Originals tab.

We have in our company this active for our CAD documents but not for other documents (Excel, word ...).

Have also done some additional programming to do what Dan is mentioning, when a document is released all content versions except the active one are deleted. A SAP consultant has done this for us and I have unfortunately no knowledge about how it is done in detail.

Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi freddie,

I hope you can increase the size by adding a harddisk of the existing content serevr or Install new content server with mapping the size of current data and future data. Then transfer the contents from old server to new. kindly install new server or increase size of existing server as per volume.

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

That is the obvious solution. Thanks

However, I still would like to know how the Content Versions can be removed.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Freddie wrote "However, I still would like to know how the Content Versions can be removed."

I am looking for similar answers. What I want to do is to have content versions available until we release the document and then at release time, an exit program would remove all content versions that were not the Active version. While I am sure this can be done, it will require some programming to do it.

Dan