cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIMP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to activate Business Function Discrete Industries and Mining Products (DIMP)

which are the Pre-requisites i should perform in the server to activate this

Regards

Ajith

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did this for a project and have the following points to share:

1. Ensure all the required support packs and any required enhancement packs have been applied. DIMP has most functionalities delivered along with EHP4 (check service marketplace for your specific requirements).

2. Before you activate any Business Functions, ensure your functional guys have given you the list of business functions and enterprise extensions that they need. This is to avoid extras as any business functions once activated cannot be deactivated.

3. For activation, login to 000 with an admin user (other than SAP* and DDIC, use a copy of ddic if u like) go to transaction SFW5 and select the Business Function Set as DIMP. Check the boxes in front of all the required functions and enterprise extensions and once all are selected, click on the button Check Changes. Any dependiencies are displayed here and u can check these dependencies earlier also for each function.

4. Once this returns that there are no errors, now activate the selection using the Activate button.

Regards,

Shitij

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply,

We have activated DIMP ,now the problem we face is that at the transaction level all the items which were created prior to the activation of DIMP is shown as NOT exist i the system although the item is there for that Plant.

Please Advice

Regards