Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed: Trying to implement a small concept

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to implement a small concept in which I have a FTP Server from where XML files are dumped in a folder.

I want to implement a scenario in which, as soon as the XML file comes into that particular folder, i should get an email notification regarding the same that a file with name (for e.g. XYZ.xml) has come into the folder.

How can i implement that ? Do i need to use a Mail Adapter for the same ?

Regards,

Arkesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arkesh,

Mail adapter is used to send the XML file directly to your configured mail box and not sending emails when file is dumped to a folder.

I would suggest you to develop a unix script which will monitor your folder and send notification as soon as file is dumped to a folder.

Regards,

Deepak.

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raja and Deepak,

Thank You for your suggestions. I have a new thought in mind by looking at your responses:

Can i make a file communication channel that can pick the COPY of XML file from the FTP Folder and mail it to my mailbox so that a copy of the file always remains in that FTP Folder? How can i implement this scenario?

Deepak: Please let me know more about the Unix Script that you were talking about. Im really interested to try that as well along with the above scenario which i had suggested above.

Thanks,

Arkesh

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arkesh,

You can always archive a file which pI file channel picks up from a folder.

you will have to just mention archive folder path in processing paramater of the channel.

You can create archive folder on the FTP server. so as soon as pi picks file it will move copy of your file in archive folder.

And then you can configure a receiver mail channel that will send the file to your mail box.

Regarding unix script, my knowledge is limited on unix.. but you can catch hold of any unix developer. or simply use Google

Regards,

Deepak.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Can I make a communication channel that can pick the COPY of XML file from the FTP Folder and mail it to my mailbox so that 
a copy of the file always remains in that FTP Folder? How can i implement this scenario?

Dont keep the Mode as Delete in the FILE channel and the file will be present in the source folder....you can keep it as Test....the channel will keep on polling the same file....so you may end up getting same content unless they are changed.

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I want to keep the XML file at the same folder of FTP Server and make a COPY of the file and move it to my mailbox using Mail Adapter so that the FTP Folder has one copy and the other copy is in my mailbox.

Pls let me know how can i do that?

Thanks,

Arkesh

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thank You for your response. I was looking for that kind of solution. The contents of the FTP Folder will definitely change as soon as a new XML file lands into my mailbox.

This makes my job half done. Now, I need to have configuration for Receiver Mail Adapter for this setting as I now want to mail that file in my mailbox.

Can any one provide me the settings for receiver mail adapter?

Thanks,

Arkesh

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arkesh,

Please refer to this blog link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1685 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

You can also search on help.sap.com.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/ad/bf93409c663228e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards,

Deepak.

Edited by: Deepak Shah on Apr 30, 2010 11:18 AM

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How do you want to se your mail (XIPAYLOAD, XIALL)...what protocol will you be using (SMTP, IMAP)....the settings depend on this....and these are very well documented on SDN.....a simple search will help you....dont want your thread to be a dumping ground and hence not providing the links.

Regards,

Abhishek.

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arkesh,

There is no point in keep the file at same folder once it has been processed.

Agreed that you can use test mode so that the files are not deleted, but then again there is risk of processing same file again if they are kept at same location.

So a better approach would be, to Pick a file, copy it to archive and then send file to you mailbox.

Regards,

Deepak.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My idea follows like that..

Develop a scenario between File To mail and out your file cc always active,when ever file placed in FTP the file cc will pick and then use Mail receiver communication channel to send an email.

It will work i guess..

Regards,

Raj