Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPUMG Updates : final preparation steps:Scanner uF0E0 Update Log.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts

Again in confusion and stucked

as per page 24;

3. Select Scanner  Update Log.

After you have updated the worklist, this log displays all tables which have been added or changed after the consistency check. You can now reset those tables in the worklist of the consistency check and rerun the consistency check. Afterwards, the resetted tables will be removed from the log.

I did the update worklist-> then whn i checked monitor -> it showed status as update is running.

After a couple of minutes and referh

when i checked monitor -> it showed status as initilazition completed.

Then i went to update log as mentioned in point 3 above.

There i have 3 table entries;

T2200 H

T2203 H

T2204 H

the guide says to reset these tables by that symbol used in previous screen.

BUt whn i go back to select that rest tab i cant select my table.

Advice and direction is appreciated.

Can i skip this.

Regards

Pooja

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

if these are completely new tables and they are in the initial status, you simply have to rerun the consistency check.

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

SAP AG

12 REPLIES 12

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

if these are completely new tables and they are in the initial status, you simply have to rerun the consistency check.

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

SAP AG

0 Kudos

i id thses stpes twice

1. Update the worklist. In SPUMG select Scanner  Worklist  Update Worklist.

2. Select Monitor from the toolbar. The Monitor will show you if new tables were added to the system. Those tables have the status u201CInitialu201D. For those tables the Consistency Check [page 20] needs to be run.

After you have updated the worklist, this log displays all tables which have been added or changed after the consistency check. You can now reset those tables in the worklist of the consistency check and rerun the consistency check. Afterwards, the resetted tables will be removed from the log.

but thse 3 tables ocem again.

the button to rsest is in spumg tcode page

while these tables comes on next screen when i go from scanner-> update log.

even if i select on this page tshse tables teher is no button to reset it.

plz help.

Regards

Pooja

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you describe the status of the mentioned tables ?

I see the following options:

After the consistency check scan they

1) came newly into the system

2) were changed

3) were deleted in the meanwhile

Regards,

Nils Buerckel

SAP AG

0 Kudos

hi Experts

when i perform the steps of

2.2 Final Preparation Steps

2.2.1 SPUMG Updates

I get this result when i do update logs;

T2200 H

T2203 H

T2204 H

once i check these tables in se16 I get the answer as Table T2204 is not active in the Dictionary

No i selected again and did update

It shows as G.means message created newly.

Shall i again reset these and start update.

0 Kudos

i reset these tables and again did update worklist.

only one table cameT2203 now th status G again.

I again did a reset option for this tavle.

As the guide says

Resetting Tables in the Worklist of the Consistency Check

Select the table(s) you want to reset and then select in the toolbar.

Result:

The tables have status INITIAL again. They are deleted from the Export Control Table but not from the Worklist of the Consistency Check.

Note

Tables which have been deleted from the database are automatically deleted from the CC worklist.

How to exclude tables from export

It is not possible to exclude a table from the export by adding it to the Exception List. The table will be automatically entered in the Export Control Table and therefore still be exported.

Note

If you want to exclude a table from export after the Consistency Check, you must:

1. Drop the table from the database

2. Delete the table entry from the nametab tables DDFTX, DDNTF, DDNTT on database level

3. Reset the table in the Consistency Check (see section Resetting Tables in the Worklist of the Consistency Check [page 23])

I went to OS level and deleted these tables from command prompt.

Now my system is down not cmg up.

Nothing is working.

Can any one explain me what has happened here.

How can a miracle happen and make up system up.

Regards

Pooja

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

it still seems you want to convert an IDES system to Unicode.

I have to refer to:

Please note that there are quite a few areas in IDES, which are different from Standard systems.

Even if you are able to circumvent this issue, there will probably be multiple others.

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

SAP AG

0 Kudos

If i got you correctly;

you mean we cant convert the IDES non unicode to IDES Unicode for version 620.

my activity is to convert an IDES non uniocode 4.7 EE to ERP 6.0 IDES unicode.

Instead of doing a CU and Unicode conversion I preferred to do unicode converion 1st and then the upgrade.

what is the possible way I can move.

Shall I install a non unicode + Non IDES 4.7 Box..Import all data user specific in it.

and then do the unicode conversion.

Please give the right dircetion to proceed with some reasons as i hve so many questions in my head wth IDEs and non ides picture.Do we have some notes which says for IDES unicode migration not possible.

Thanks and Regards

Pooja

Edited by: ppooja on May 3, 2010 11:37 AM

Edited by: ppooja on May 3, 2010 11:43 AM

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you just want to have an IDES ECC 6.0 Unicode system, then I would recommend to do a new installation.

If you want to test the procedure I would recommend to convert a copy of an existing PRD customer system - this will give customers valuable experiences - much more than converting an IDES system.

There is no explicit SAP note which states that a Unicode conversion is not supported with an IDES system.

On the other hand side you won't find an IDES specific Unicode conversion guide (the same is valid for Upgrade).

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

SAP AG

0 Kudos

I am not clear with the statement of copy below;

If you want to test the procedure I would recommend to convert a copy of an existing PRD customer system - this will give customers valuable experiences - much more than converting an IDES system

So a case of 4.7 EE non unicode IDES------> ERP 6.0 unicode IDES what is the possible path we can follow;

Hi,

if you just want to have an IDES ECC 6.0 Unicode system, then I would recommend to do a new installation.

If you want to test the procedure I would recommend to convert a copy of an existing PRD customer system - this will give customers valuable experiences - much more than converting an IDES system.

There is no explicit SAP note which states that a Unicode conversion is not supported with an IDES system.

On the other hand side you won't find an IDES specific Unicode conversion guide (the same is valid for Upgrade).

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

SAP AG

Regards

Pooja

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not see a supported path here. My recommendation would be not to do it.

Regards,

Nils Buerckel

SAP AG

0 Kudos

Thanks a ton for all support till now.

I will convey the same to the management.

I will install a 4.7 EE non unicode non IDES system and then copy the data via client export/Import from 4.7 Non unicode IDES box.

So now I will have 4.7 EE non unicode non ides box with all my customer data.

Then i can do my unicode migration 1st followed by upgrade.

Do you find any flaw in this plan.

Regards

Pooja

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I have no experiences in doing such client copies.

However there might be issues with client independent objects belonging to IDES - if these are missing, IDES functionality might be restricted.

Regards,

Nils Buerckel

SAP AG