cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do the first step of MI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have already installed SAP Netweaver Server, which is based on Java & Oracle buttom. And Enterprise Portal is also be installed on it.

Now, I wanna develop an application for moblie equipments. I know I need MI and MDK, but how should i do with the first step of that?

I will still use Eclipse for developing or some other tools?

Do I need deploy the MI to SAP Netweaver? and How to do?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

raghavendra_sn
Explorer
0 Kudos

redundant info

Message was edited by: Raghavendra S N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys so much, all of you are helpful.

Still, there are some concepts puzzle to me, I will continue with my learning on the SAP Mobile development.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yu,

I am a bit confused with your question, but I try to tell you how should you go about MI

1. First, you need to install MI on your SAP netwever server.

2. You can download MDK from SDN at https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/developerareas/mi?rid=/library/uuid/601ebf90-0201-0010-eda9-ea7d7d95...

or better, you can download Netweaver Developer Studio from service.sap.com/swdc which includes the MDK in its help. MDK will give step by step information of creating mobile applications

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Rahul,

But there are still something confused as the following:

How to install MI on my SAP Netweaver server? I am very confused about this step. I have the MDK on my computer, and I have put it in my SAP Netweaver Developer Studio plugin folder.

I know I should new a MI project, but when I finished the development of this project in SAP Netweaver Developer Studio how to deploy it on the SAP Netweaver Server?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yu,

MI landscape basically of the parts; the MI client, on whcih the application runs; the MI server, which maintains the information the syncBos and data flow between the client and the backend; and finally the backend(s) where the business data is stored.

Other than this you should have a system with NetWeaver Developer studio to develop the applications.

In case of a smart sync application:

First, you need to create Bapi Wrappers on the backend, if you are not using the standard bapi wrappers. Next you need to create the syncBo on the Middleware( the MI server) which will call this wrappers. Next you create a mcd for your application which will include all your syncBos. The mcd will used to create the metaRep.xml file, which in turn will be imported on your NetWeaver developer studio to create a smart sync application. This should exported in to a war file. The war file should uploaded on the webconsole, from where it should be deployed on the client for users to work on it.

Please refer MDK for detail steps.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so much, still there are something about the environment of the Mobile development. I just wanna turn the HTML pages on IE to WML pages such like BlackBerry mobile.

I think the application should be a server which sends message packages to Mobile SP, and then the Mobile SP will sends these messages to a BlackBerry Mobile.

I am a very-beginner of that, thank your patience so much.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yu,

Feel free to ask any questions you have on MI.

Please refer MDK and the following link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a7/893a5889e08b41b615688b1a93b559/frameset.htm

before starting any application on MI.

If you have access to service.sap.com then download the

SAP MI Installation guide, which will be very helful.

All the best!!!

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daer Yu Wang

Please refer this link for creating ur application it will give u good idea

http://media.sdn.sap.com/public/html/submitted_docs/MI/MDK_2.5/content/tutorials/smartsync/definings...

bye

sid

award some point if the post is useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wang,

1. There's no specific installation for MI server component. It is inbuilt in the J2EE stack and ABAP stack. All you need to do is a bit of configuration which you find in MI installation guide

2. For developing mobile applications there are two technologies available from SAP

i) Mobile Web Dynpro Online - using this you can develop connected application which are essentially webdynpro applications. These can be ported very easily to the devices like blackberry

ii) Mobile Infrastructure - this is used to develop disconnected applications. For this as I mentioned earlier configure the MI server component. Then install the client on the system ( it can be jsp client or AWT client). Provide. Configure the connection settings to synchronize with server and go ahead.

You can get tutorials, sample MI applications in MDK(which you already have).

I hope this information helps you.

Regards,

Ravi