cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM record checked out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to work on the record that has been checked out. How can i work on this record and save the changes. Please help.

Thakns in advance,

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Please check if checked out record is a part of workflow process.If it is then you will need to follow the next workflow step.

Else if its not an exclusive cheked out record then it should allow you to change and save the cheked out record.

If theres still an issue then check your acess/Role (in MDM Console)..whether you are allowed to change/modify checked out records..

I hope this would help you.

Regards

Vikrant M Kelkar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This record is not in workflow. II dont have authorisation in MDM to check in the record. Kindly guide me how can i identify the yser whoi has checked out this record and how can i check in this record?

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this thread [Discover checkout record owner|]

Hope this will help...

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev

You need to first join the checkout process. Right click on record and select join Checkout.

If this option is not coming for you then the owner of the record has to allow you to join the checkout process.

To know who owns the record, right click and select All version.

Once you have joined the checkout record you can make modifications as well as check in the record as well.

thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I am not able to do the check in into the record by the method told by you. Please guide some other way. Or please guide how can I know the user who has checked out this record?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

There is a trick using which you can do CheckIn record.

In record mode of MDM Data Manager, right click on the Checkout record >Check In/Out>Click on All Versions.

Now you will be able to see two records for this. Now right click on Memeber record>Check In/Out>Roll Back.

Now Press F5. You will see now your record has checkIn and can be editable.

Kindly revert with result.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev

For more details please read the Data Manager ref guide page 216 onwards.

best regards

Ravi