cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI Node functions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anyone send the link that tells with the examples about the node functions in SAP PI

Thanks

RP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try to search on SDN before asking the question ? There is plenty of matter available. Hava a look at one of them /people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/08/message-mapping-simplified-150-part-ii .

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

a) Remove Contexts: - remove all higher level contents of the source level message in order to map with the target message field. So you can get the node contexts removal.

b) Split by value: - Insert Context change for an element split by value is some as counter part of remove context. Here instead of delivering the context you can insert a context change in the source value queue.

c) Collapse contexts: - Copies first values of the all contexts to one context empty context are replaced by empty string.

d) Copy Value: - How many ever times I occur I am copied just once". This is not a node function but I am explaining it as it is used very frequently in real-time. Let us take an instance of material group, which can occur as many times as the item node. But since we are mapping it to the header in the target node I just want to copy the first occurrence of material group and map it to the header node. CopyValue exactly does that.

e) Create if: - It will create a target node or element based on some condition.

f) Exists: - Function to determine whether a particular source field exists in instance to be processed. If it does it gives true or else false.

g) Use one as many: if a field that only occurs once needs to be replicated as often as another field occurs in the outbound message so that the fields can be written to the target structure in pairs as a record.

h) Replace value: - Replace the value I with the value that you desired in the dialogue for function properties.

i) Sort: - Sorts all values of the multiply occurring inbound field with in the existing or set context.

Regards...

Saathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI RP,

Below is the link for explaination of node functions with their examples:

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/NodeFunctions/Page1.htm

Best Regards,

Pacchi...........