cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnSelect event for a Drop down UI Element in Webdynpro ABAP Select Options

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We have built our UI based on the webdynpro ABAP Select Options. We have a requirement that, when we change the value of a drop down box in the UI, I need to hide some fields. Can anybody help me out in handling of OnSelect event of a drop down box built using webdynpro ABAP Select Options. We are on SAP Netweaver 7.0 EHP1.

Rrgards,

Srikanth.

Edited by: Srikanth Kancherla on Apr 29, 2010 10:43 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

phanir_mullapudi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth.

Try this...

Bind the VISIBLE property of all UI elements/fields you want to hide to a context attribute of type WDUI_VISIBILITY. now, in the onSelect method of DropDown, when the value changes to a desired value, Set the value of context attribute WDUI_VISIBILITY to '02'. This should make the feilds hidden.

Thanks,

Phani Mullapudi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your quick reponse. However, this is not a Dropdown box that is placed on the screen. This is a part of the Selection Screen which is generated dynamically by the webdynpro.

Regards,

Srikanth.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, the OnSelect event doesn't exist and hence it is not possible.

TomVanDoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are some events on the select options component to which you can bind your own handlers:

ON_CANCEL

ON_CHECK

ON_ENTER

ON_EXECUTE

ON_OVS

ON_RESET

try some of those. I don't see any on_select, but maybe the on_enter event works too?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

THanks for the information. However, I am specifically looking for On_Select event of the dropdown menu.

Regards,

Chiranjeevi.

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

as you seem to be already aware, the component is dynamically built.

so you would have to enhance the code that builds the element and insert a reference to a new action (enhancement) that could handle the onSelect event.

What is it about this that you particularly want help with?

Cheers,

Chris