cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System copy and its procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi everyone,

i am doing System copy of my Production system. this is ECC 6,SQL server 2005 on Windows 2003 server environment.

steps followed:(Homogeneous system copy)

Source system:

1.Executed sapinst.exe

2.System copy-->Source system -->abap+java

3.profile directory given,and location of the copy given..process completed successfully

target system:

New SAP ECC installation done with SQL Server 2005 on windows server 2003 environment

1.executed sapinst.exe

2.system copy-->Target system -->abap+java

3.location of the source System copy given

4.Java user id and password given

5.000 DDIC password of source system given

6.Standard system copy selected

Process started well and kept going till 27 th phase, as it is Check DDIC password.it checkd the password and gave message as "wrong password given". it has only 4 phases to complete my Target system copy.but it is stuck.

i dont know how to proceed further.i checked the 000 DDIC password in the source system.the password i had given in the Target system is correct. but why this throws error?

whether my system copy procedure is correct? should i start the procedure from the beginning, as my Target system copy is incomplete, i can not log in SAP.it show DB error while trying to log in.

also, this is actually a total system copy. how can i make a system copy without user and authorization profile, since it is not required to the target system. what is the usual procedure followed for Production System refresh(in regular interval)

please help me in these things to get this issue resolved.

awaiting all your support

regards,

siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

At this moment you should be able to login to SAP , change the password try to give the same DDIC password as you have provided and then retry or restart the sapinst using continue with old options.

this is actually a total system copy. how can i make a system copy without user and authorization profile, since it is not required to the target system. what is the usual procedure followed for Production System refresh(in regular interval)

There is no way you can skip only user master records during system copy.So possibly you can lock all the unwanted users or may be you can delete as per your requirement.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

after getting the "wrong password " error,i was not able to login even 000 sap*/DDIC in the target system, since it throws "DB error"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be you can try with some other user , if it i snot working you can try with emergency SAP* user activation.

YOu might be aware of steps:

Deleting user SAP* from DB(USR02), changing parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar to 0 and then reboot the SAP finally login with SAP*/PASS.

I hope this will help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

what you are telling is correct.i tried this as well. i could see the table available in the DB level, using select statement. if try to delete it, it says, '0 rows affected" which means no changes taken place.

more importantly,in sap logon screen, it does not even check the User/Password availability in the client. As soon as i give Enter, it simply throws error"DB Error" and changing Profile parameter can be done in SAP level. i dont think how far it will work fine if i make change in OS level.

Edited by: siva kumar on Apr 29, 2010 9:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

This problem usually come because of kernel patch also.

I hope you dont have same kernel in source and target .

I would recommend to upgrade kernel and then retry the same.

It should be resolved hopefully.

Follow complete procedure for updating/upgrading kernel patch.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok i will try that. i forgot to ask, my Source system is an IA64 bit Processor and my Target system is X32 bit.is it ok doing Homogeneous system copy? if this is ok, then i will have to upgrade the Kernel level as it is available in the source system, as you have suggested

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

my Source system is an IA64 bit Processor and my Target system is X32 bit

Its not possible to go ahead with homogenous system copy.

As you are changing your OS platform it should be hetrogenous system copy only.

You can try with your luck , but technically its not possible to achieve this using homogenous system copy option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

oh...thanks for your immediate response and patience

i thought both are Windows 2003 server and it will work.ok. please suggest me for the following combinations,

1.Source System: IA64,Windows 2003 server

Target System: X64,windows 2003 server

2.Source system:IA 64,windows 2003 server

Target system : X64,windows 2008 server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In both the cases you need to start with hetrogenous system copy only.

Regards

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you are changing your OS platform it should be hetrogenous system copy only.

I difer, this is not a heterogenous migration. A homogenous system copy should be enough

Usually the problem with the DB Error when login is related to a kernel issue. Upgrade your kernel and try to logon again.

Seems like there was a cuople of problem with kernel 250 and 251 so try a release higher if thats what you're using.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

my issue is been resolved. this is purely Kernel based issue. after applying Kernel 231 level its workin now. i also included R3SZCHK.EXE new release in to that.

i really thankMr. Gagan Deep Kaus and Mr.Jaun for giving a right suggestion at a right time.

expecting all your support for the future issues as well

regards,

siva

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

on Target system:

1.you can delete SAP* from USR04 and client = 000 on DB level.

2.set the paramter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0 on os level.

3. restart sap system

4. login client 000 via usid SAP* password pass

5.change the password DDIC

6.entry the password of ddic in SAPINST .