cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSPM Errors - Could not establish connection to server - Connection refused

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

When I am applying the latest patch 6 on SAP Netweaver AS JAVA 7.01 with JSPM, I get the following error in JSPM_MAIN_1_01.LOG file

Apr 29, 2010 12:47:52 PM [Error]: Return code condition success evaluated to false for process stopsap.exe for action stop.

Apr 29, 2010 12:47:52 PM [Error]: Could not execute operating system process for action stop on instance 12. Process ID is 15, process name is stopsap.exe.

Apr 29, 2010 12:47:52 PM [Error]: Cannot stop instance CME 12.

Apr 29, 2010 12:47:52 PM [Error]: Cannot stop OS services, SCS instance and J2EE instance.

Apr 29, 2010 12:47:52 PM [Error]: Cannot stop J2EE instance, SCS instance or OS services.

Apr 29, 2010 12:47:52 PM [Info]: Overal deployment message : Cannot stop J2EE instance, SCS instance or OS services.

Cannot stop OS services, SCS instance and J2EE instance.

Cannot stop instance CME 12.

Could not execute operating system process for action stop on instance 12. Process ID is 15, process name is stopsap.exe.

Return code condition success evaluated to false for process stopsap.exe for action stop.

.Could not detect deployed components.

Could not detect deployed components.

Could not access the SDM repository.

com.sap.sdm.apiimpl.remote.client.APIRemoteExceptionImpl: Server hostname did not accept login request as admin on port 51118. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server hostname at port 51118: Connection refused: connect

com.sap.sdm.apiimpl.remote.client.APIRemoteExceptionImpl: Server hostname did not accept login request as admin on port 51118. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server hostname at port 51118: Connection refused: connect

Please note that we are on Windows 2008 Server with MaxDB. The port 5118 is opened in the firewall.

Also the /usr/sap/CME/JC02/j2ee/JSPM/tmp/stopsap.log contains the following message

SAPSRVKILL failed on hostname_CME_12: -2146959355

Cannot connect to DCOM Interface of Start Service:

My questions are as follows.

1- Is there a command on Windows 2008 Server to check if 5118 port is opened in the firewall correctly?

2- What is the reason for JSPM failing to deploy the AS JAVA patches, as seen from the above error log in JSPM_MAIN_1_01.LOG?

3- Why is stopsap not able to stop sap?

Thanks for help in advance.

Regards,

Haleem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Also the /usr/sap/CME/JC02/j2ee/JSPM/tmp/stopsap.log contains the following message

Seems the system number is 11 SCS is 12, what is this 02 for CME instance?

Which user are you using, CMEADM? Is this the first time you run JSPM after migrating to Win2008?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I mistyped. The file is /usr/sap/CME/JC12/j2ee/JSPM/tmp/stopsap.log

I get the following error when I do a telnet.

error . Could not open connection to host on port 51128. Connect failed.

It looks like this port needs to be opened in the firewall. How can I open the port in firewall?

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I get the following error when I do a telnet.

>

> error . Could not open connection to host on port 51128. Connect failed.

If you run this telnet on the actual 2008 server, and this port is not being listened, please disable the windows firewall unless your security policy doesn't allow that.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

The firewall has been disabled.

But still we face the same issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

JSPM hangs is described in Note 1159471 - JSPM hangs after scanning inbox

Original issue caused by kernel SAR files, after removing from EPS/in it'll work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Fan Yu.

Thank you very much for your tremendous help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Try telnet <hostname> <space> <port_number>

No need for login information here as you only need to check whether the command telnet can reach the sever at the required port.

Secondly, JSPM is trying to connect to port 51118 while you are repeatedly mentioning 5118. I hope you did not make the same mistake in checking the port.

Try these first.

Best Regards,

Shitij