SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infotype 105 usage in Concurrent Employment environments

BearcatSteve
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, experts -

The University of Cincinnati uses concurrent employment, and we are currently experiencing problems with ESS when an employee switches primary assignments. After the infotype 712 update, the employee is unable to log in to ESS. When we move the IT105, subtype 0001, record from his old pernr to the new pernr (by delimiting the previous record and creating a new one with a begin date equal to the IT712 begin date, the employee is able to log in to ESS again.

Have others encountered similar problems with ESS for CE employees? If so, how did you get past this? I know I can add logic to the ZXPADU02 back-end user exit to update IT105 each time IT712 changes, but I was wondering if there was a better approach.

Has anyone enabled the HCM_ESS_CE business function? Will this business function resolve the issue we're having, or does it simply let the user choose which personnel assingment he would like to maintain?

What about configuring infotype 105 as a shared infotype? Will this allow a person's multiple personnel assignments to have the same user ID assigned to it (just like sharing IT 2 allows all pernrs to have the same Social Security Number)?

As always, your help is greatly appreciated!

- Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Steve

I think you should better post this question to the ESS Forum:

[;

Should you agree, we'll close this thread

Kind regards

Mar

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Steve

I think you should better post this question to the ESS Forum:

[;

Should you agree, we'll close this thread

Kind regards

Mar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes, you could make the IT0105 subtype 0001 as person id specific in table T582G. In this case user id is person id specific.

We have the same issue and we are doing the same with no issues.

Thank You

Mohan