cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day

This is my situation, We have a SAP Netweaver 2004s Instalation (Java) that runs our SLD (productive and NON-Productive server ) and our NWDI. At first we thought it was a good idea because NWDI and SLD were two solution that won't required much resourse to handle and support the rest of our Solution in my company.

After implementing many solution (PI and webdynpros) that requires the utilization of our SLD. SAP recommend to have one SLD for Productive systems, and other for Non Productive systems and NWDI. (What do you think about this?)

We were thinking about doing a Homogeneus system Copy. but taking this option will copy our NWDI configuration toghether with our SLD data. And we don't need the NWDI data on the target system. So... Anybody has infomation or documentation on how to copy the information of our old SLD (and I am talking mostly about the PI information on SLD and Webdynpro related information) to the new SLD.

Regards

Henry Eliezer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Try the option, SLD Bridging for forwarding data of existing SLD data to whatever your central SLD .

Refer http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwesrce/helpdata/en/43/da21ba13660aa5e10000000a1553f6/content.htm for more details .

Regards,

Nibu Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply

Another question....

The SLD bridge also takes the JCO destinations created on the old SLD?

Will there be any problem on replicating SLD data from a 32bits architecture to a 64bits?

Regards

Henry Eliezer

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Henry,

Answer to your second query

Will there be any problem on replicating SLD data from a 32bits architecture to a 64bits?

there would be no effect at all, its totally architecture free.

Answer to first query

The SLD bridge also takes the JCO destinations created on the old SLD?

i am not sure but most probably its no!!

You can wait for other's answer as well to get the answer confirm

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Thanks for the reply; I read that there are different replication processes for the SLD data.

• Full automatic synchronization

• Bridge Forwarding

• Export and import functions

• Transport of SLD objects with the enhanced Change and Transport System

But I am not sure which one is the more adequate for the situation. As I say before, I want to take All the related data use for PI, and WebDypro Application from a SLD 7.0 to a SLD 7.1. For example will Bridge forwarding will take the JCO Destinations?

Regards

Henry