cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you have IDM and GRC on the same stack?

GrahamNewport
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI, I am new to IDM and am a Netweaver Basis professional with some performance experience around GRC. Is it wise to place the two together on the same stack?

The customer will have 190,000 employees and lord knows what the roles will look like at this stage but I'm just a bit worried as I have seen the GRC jobs run for an awfully long time with a lot less users/roles and chew things up a bit

the right advice appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

This seems like a quite heavy load.

I would not put IDM on the same stack for production use.

The UI doesn't take much load, but if you have the possibily to use a dedicated machine, this would be better.

GrahamNewport
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Christian,

The real answer, I found a couple of days ago and have not had a chance to update.

In essence while IDM is badged as 7.1, the UI is on 7.01 J2EE and so can share with GRC 7.0.

However you are right, I am very worried about the load... Its just convincing the customer and our own design team.

regards

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can run IDM on a AS Java 7.0. There are two versions, one for AS Java 7.0 and one for AS Java 7.1.

What you could do however is to run IDM on an existing instance for testing purposes. This might be the case, if you canu2019t get a dedicated instance for some reason.

Most stuff is stored in the DB, so switching instances is not such a big deal.

GrahamNewport
Explorer
0 Kudos

Now thats interesting.

My architect told me that we were using the 7.1 version but in affect it runs on a 7.0 J2EE.... perhaps he is having me on. If you know for sure then let me know.... regardless I'll have a dig in the documentation.

Naturally having Project and dev share with GRC should not be considered an issue but having production, pre-production and validation instances running combined with GRC is my concern as I have seen the GRC really slow up the system. The argument they are saying is the heavy jobs will run overnight and mostly just collection and configuration of GRC during the day. They are intending to run in production with 2 instances of 3 servers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I also have a similar question.

If we have IDM and GRC on one JAVA Stack,as discussed above, then obviously it will be sharing one AS JAVA Database (eg. Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, or MaxDB).

Then in this case, will the IDM 7.1 Tables AND GRC AC 5.3 tables reside in one single AS JAVA Database or one single AS JAVA Schema?

Kindly let me know.

Thanks,

Haleem

GrahamNewport
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul

so it is a 7.01 J2EE even though it states IDM on 7.1 and as they are both just SCA's loaded into the same J2EE it is one schema.

regards

Graham

Edited by: Newport Graham on May 26, 2010 2:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Graham for this update.

So my understanding is that SAP Supports having IDM and GRC installations on the same stack

AND

the AS JAVA Database will contain IDM & GRC Tables in the same schema eg. PSAP<SID>DB.

Please let me know, if I am right in the above 2 statements?

Thanks,

Haleem

GrahamNewport
Explorer
0 Kudos

The above 2 statements are correct Yes.

However as a Basis performance chap who has encountered GRC befor I am cautious. We have both but are still in the Dev phases.

regards

G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Graham for this update.

It is very much appreciated.