cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate from Local Development to NWDI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

in my SAP Enhancement Package 1 for SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio 7.1 SP02 PAT0003 I have developed a software component in the LocalDevelopment configuration. The SC contains 8 development components. 5 belong to a composite application, 2 belong to my visual composer models, and 1 contains a guided procedure. All development components can be built, deployed, and work as expected.

Now, I want to migrate this SC to the NWDI.

In the SAP help I found this guide:

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-107618

I managed to successfully create a track for my development but I fail in performing step 5. How to do this step?

I just marked the development components which are contained in my SC and selected Copy from the context menu. After that I selected the corresponding SC (same name) in the NWDI track and selected Paste.

It seems that the NWDS now tries to move the development components to the new SC and perform some refactorings.

However, I get the following error message:

Could not copy content of purchase_requisition/model/dictionary

Could not copy content of purchase_requisition/model/dictionary

Creation not allowed, component definition file "U:\CE711.jdi\0\DCs\esprit.com\purchase_requisition\model\dictionary\_comp\.dcdef" already exists.

The path is fine and the file does not exist.

What am I doing wrong here?

Kind regards

Alexander

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find if this link is useful.

/people/raj.peddisetty/blog/2007/03/02/migrating-localdcs-onto-jdinwdi-track

Regards,

Poojith MV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Poojith,

basically, your link provided the solution of my problem.

Particularly, I performed the following steps:

1. Using the project wizard I created projects in my track corresponding to my projects in the local repository.

2. I deleted the .project files from the local repository and copied the remaining content to the directory of the track.

3. I added the new files to the track and checked in.

Kind regards

Alexander