cancel
Showing results for
Search instead for
Did you mean:

Problem of encoding for mail sender adapter

0 Kudos

Hello, everyone.

I have faced the problem of mail sender adapter.

When someone send message with any content encoding (even UTF-8) and 8bit content type encoding the XI mail adapter corrupt special and foreign symbols. I checked the message for correct structure and encoding with tpcgw utility and it was fine. For example (this is what I can see in tcpgw)

==== Response ====

+OK

+OK Password required for user itra_xi

+OK XXXXX maildrop has 1 messages (2048 octets)

+OK 1 2048

+OK

+OK 1459 octets

by mx76.mail.ru with psmtp

id 1O7UoW-0003I4-00

for XXXXXX; Thu, 29 Apr 2010 18:34:04 +0400

Subject: Message 29 4

Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 17:33:43 +0300

boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0018_01CAE7C2.1D0BBA60"

-

-

=_NextPart_000_0018_01CAE7C2.1D0BBA60

charset="utf-8"

Test

Тест

*************************

And after processing by XI mail adapter I have this payload (XIPAYLOAD mode using mail package)

Test

Тест

The same situation with using mail package in xml document.

Any suggestions how this can be corrected?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your incoming mail is not UTF-8

cyrillic characters have two bytes in UTF-8.

In your example you see 4 symbols for each character, that means they are sent as 4 bytes characters.

So provide a real UFT-8 mail or change the encoding.

0 Kudos

I switched UTF-8 encoding during displaying of http content in tcpgw utility and all other mail clients detect it as UTF-8 and work fine. Also this problem occurs with different mail clients that are senders of the message. So it seems adapter takes each byte of cyrillic symbol (each from two) and represents it as individual symbol.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe there is some configuration somewhere allowing to correct or maybe it's possible to write module to correct.. but it's quite complicated to split correct and incorrect symbols.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> So it seems adapter takes each byte of cyrillic symbol (each from two) and represents it as individual symbol.

If this is the case, report it to SAP.