cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAR - Ruleset upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am facing an issue when trying to upload ruleset files in RAR 5.3. The default language for the tool was originally set to english and the upload worked fine with file format ANSI for all files. However, when we changed the language to Norwegian, special norwegian characters such as æ, ø, and å, where omitted. Because of that I changed the file format to:

1. All_Business_Processes - UTF-8

2. ALL_Functions - UTF-8

3. All_Function_BP - UTF-8

4. R3_function_action - ANSI

5. R3_function_permission - ANSI

6. ALL_Ruleset - ANSI

7. R3_risks - ANSI

8. R3_risk_desc - UTF-8

9. R3_Risk_Ruleset - ANSI

Uploading the risks (files 7 - 9) I get following error message:

Cannot assign a java.lang.String object of length 5 to host variable 13 which has JDBC type VARCHAR(4).

Risk-ID must contain 4 characters

I have double checked the Risk-ID field and it does not contain more than 4 characters for any risks. Despite this error message, all but 1 risks are created. The one missing is the one in the first row of the R3_risks file.

I hope somebody out there can help me with this issue.

Kind Regards

Arif Butt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arif,

Try to open such files with an enhanced text editor (i.e: UltraEdit).

You might see some "special" characters at the beginning of the file (you won't see them with notepad) you must remove.

Once they are removed, try to upload them again.

Hope it helps. Regards,

Imanol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imanol,

Thanks for the feedback. I already tried opening the files in different editors. That didnt help. I think the problems is in the R3_risk.txt file in which 3 of the risks are referring to a businessprocess (BP) containing a special character (ø). Thats why I changed the format of this file to UTF-8.

I am uploading the files in these formats:

1. All_Business_Processes - UTF-8

2. ALL_Functions - UTF-8

3. All_Function_BP - UTF-8

4. R3_function_action - ANSI

5. R3_function_permission - ANSI

6. ALL_Ruleset - ANSI

7. R3_risks - UTF-8

8. R3_risk_desc - UTF-8

9. R3_Risk_Ruleset - ANSI

10. SRM_risks - ANSI

11. SRM_risk_desc - UTF-8

12. SRM_Risk_Ruleset - ANSI

Uploading the same files for SRM does not give any error , but also here the first risk is skipped.

Regards

Arif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arif,

I don't know if you already resolver your problem but in my case i convert all files with especial caracters to UTF without BOM and it worked.

Regards.