cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Records Management Sytem link to DMS Document

mgbortulin
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I'm trying to programatically create a document in DMS from Records Management System and create a link to the document. I can create the document using BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2 but cannot figure out a way to link to the document.

Does anyone know if there is a BAPI or function module to do this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Michael,

This cookbook gives an example of how to link a BO to record automatically. You can probably use the same concept

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40be7649-72f7-2c10-03b9-c85d56eff...

BAPIs SRM_RECORD_ADDELEMENT & SRM_RECORD_ADDELEMENTS can be used to add one or more than one elements in a record.

Please note that if adding an object to arecord is one processing step in a bigger process which may need access to same record again & again then it is better to use record APIs(methods of IF_SRM_SP_RECORD) . BAPIs should be used for one off access to records since every BAPI opens record, makes changes & then closes record.

For a bigger process which requires access to same record again & again, opening & closing records so many times becomes costly for performance.

Thanks & Regards,

Pragya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

first tell me why are you doing record management? if it's for batch uploading then use LSMW or BDC programe for uploading ,there your all requirements will get captured and object link also.

I hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

mgbortulin
Discoverer
0 Kudos

No the requirement is not for batch uploading. Basically I have created a custom frontend that mimics SCASE.

When the user clicks on a node a document should be uploaded to the Document Management System and that document linked to the node in the Records Management System.

I can upload the document to the Document Management System but need to link that document to the Records Management System. i can do this manually in SCASE but need to do it programatically in my custom front end.