cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Confirmation: Email as a PDF Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement that whenever the Sales Order gets created for specific Sales Org (for example S.Org 1022 only and not for 1023, 1024) and spcific Division (only 02 out of 02, 03, 04), it should trigger a mail with pre-draffted mail contents and a copy of Order Confirmation as an attachment in PDF format.

This mail should be sent to the mail id maintained in the definition of Sales Office.

Can this be mapped with Output determination? (I wanted to confirm it before doing because I have worked with Output determination but I have never used simple mail or EDI or External Send as a Transmission Medium)

I came up with 2 possibilities

1. Output Determination

2. Workflow (I dont know workflow at all)

Can somebody suggest me what is the proper way to map this requirement?

Quick reply will be appriciated.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

HP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

for specific Sales Org (for example S.Org 1022 only and not for 1023, 1024) and spcific Division (only 02 out of 02, 03, 04), maintain condition record in VV31 for your output type with medium as 5-external send.

Also maintain settings in NACE for your output type to allow medium 5.

Next step is to convert your output to PDF, consult your ABAPer to use CONVERT_OTF_PDF function module in the print program.

try and revert

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

T Code NACE

Create new Output type and assign access sequence based on your required fields. Assign the output program and smart forms to the output type and the partner function (may be SP) and default medium.

Output program should be able to read the sales office of the sales order sold to and then get the Email from it, else you can add a new partner function as contact person to the sold to and have the sales office Email ID in the contact person. The putput program can pick the contact persons email much easily than the sales office Email . Work with your ABAP person to get the putput program created as per your requirements.

Create the condition record for your output type. So once the output program is ready, you can process order for the relevant sales order and the output should get triggered in the order . based on the medium you assigned in the output condition type and / or output condition record it will be processed.

Hope this helps

Regards

Sai