cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic archive form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AIF masters!

This is my first thread here. I don't have a good english, but I hope you understand my request and help to solve my problem.

I need to do an automatic archiving(in ArchiveLink) of my form, when the user check the flag in selection-screen to do this.

I seek the documentation, setting the ARCMODE parameter in SFPOUTPUTPARAMS to "2" and appending one entry to the table with archive indexes (SFPDOCPARAMS-DARATAB), and all that I have is the button to the user click to do the archiving in preview mode. But since he checks the option "Archive form" in the first screen, what should I do to this process be done automatically? The older form in sapscript does it. Is it possible in AIF?

Thanks to all.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

Can you please share that how you did it??? I have a similar requirement where I need to Archive Adobe form in External repository.

Please help me how you did it?? What configurations need to be maintained for this?

I did some Rnd on it and found that it can be achieved using HRFORM_HRF02 Business Add-In in the SET_ARCHIVE_INDEX method.

But I have no clue how to do it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got it!

There is a FM that I pass the Xstring pdf and the Daratab table.

CALL FUNCTION 'ARCHIV_CREATE_OUTGOINGDOC_MULT'
      EXPORTING
        documentclass            = 'PDF'
        document                 = v_pdf
      TABLES
        arc_i_tab                = it_daratab
      EXCEPTIONS
        error_archiv             = 1
        error_communicationtable = 2
        error_connectiontable    = 3
        error_kernel             = 4
        error_parameter          = 5
        error_format             = 6
        OTHERS                   = 7.

This will send the pdf to the archivelink.

Thanks to all.

kimmo_sirpoma
Participant
0 Kudos

Where exactly you have to put this FM?

1) In the print program that calls the generated fm for adobe form interface after the adobe fm is called?

2) inside the generated fm for adobe form interface?

Maybe you can provide a sample of your code so that I understand better where you call fm 'ARCHIV_CREATE_OUTGOINGDOC_MULT'?

In general how does the archiving work with Adobe solution (note: question applies non-interactive forms like invoice, sales order confirmation, etc.)?

Typically when a user starts printing an invoice, he gets a popup where he enters a print device and set flag for parameter 'print and archive'. With SapScript, system does the archiving automatically. But how is it with Adobe forms? You say that you need to call a separate fm to achieve the same? That would mean making modification to every print program just to add this call.

I have assumed that in adobe solution the generated fm for adobe form will send the data to ADS, where it will be rendered to PDF and the pdf then comes back to abap stack where system sends it to SAP spooler. How in this process the PDF gets transmitted to archive solution (like Opentext previously known as IXOS) with metadata telling to archive solution which invoice document the pdf applies to? And a developer of forms need to do something to get archiving work?

Is there general documentation how to make archiving work with Adobe forms from SAP applications?

br: Kimmo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to work on same scenario..sendme the full coding in the program....