cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text field in CMIR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In CMIR (VD51) I can maintain customer material number with description (max upto 40 character), but my requirement is more 40 character. In VD51 transaction there is one field as Text but it is showing as grey, Plz adivice how can make this as editable where I can maintain the text more than 40 character.

Plz also adivice whether it is possible to increase the length of CIMR description field more than 40 character.

Regards,

sps.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The text field in CMIR cannot be made editabe as it is automatically populated when you enter some texts using Text IDs for CMIR .That is done by text determination procedure for CMIR.

So if you want to enter texts morethan 40char, then define a text ID for CMIR adn then in VD51 after entering the material related details, you can click the text button or go to the menu Go to --> Texts and then select your text id and provide your text.

You can fetch these texts whereever you want using a Z program . In standard SAP these texts will also flow into the SD document.

Hope this helps you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be changed but the data element ARKTX will affect the other documents too. Therefore before you change this consult with other teams. If you have permission press F1 and go into the technical setting click on the data element and make the required changes in the domain in the tab data type. You can also use data type String in the pre defined type. Option.

else

Create a data element where you mention the string value as you need in CHAR. Assign this data element to the program.

Kindly take the help of your abaper to do this.

Regards

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In t-code VOTXN Text object Info rec - Cust/matrl... here you can maintain the Text types and in VD51 screen top menu go to-texts here maintain ur texts...

For changing the length of the Description field you need to consult ABAPers who can guide u on this.

Reg,

JJ