cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS VALIDATION Check for Higher Level WBS CLSD before Closing Lower Lev WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a requirement in my company where we wanted to have validation while if some one try to close Lower Level WBS that is allowed only if Higher Level WBS.

As per my understanding if we Close Higher level WBS the lower level is automatically getting closed.

So by this validation we are making sure that all the Hierarchy of the WBS is getting closed from Level1 to Level-n.

I can create this validation through WBS validation rule and Exit in a rule check.

My question is whether this validation will work?.

or Any person has faced / created such situation then, I request them to share their Details also.

Regards

A.Shah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Logic which you are thinking is nor the most of time business case, That's in SAP closed status is top to bottom follow hierarchy, not in reverse way, I agree with Ahmed. However, if you have specific case you cna employ this kind of logic but I don't this could be correct solution approach.

With Regards

Nitin P.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont find any logic in doing it so...lets assume your Top level WBS as Building construction and let there be two subordinate WBSE say Ground floor and First Floor....now what you are trying to say is when you close Ground Floor WBSE the system should check whether Building construction WBSE is closed or not....but it is incorrect, right?. you cannot have Building construction as Closed and both the floor works are in progress...that is why system pass on the CLSD status to its subordinate WBSE once the top level is set CLSD.