cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/BDL/TASK_PROCESSOR not getting triggered in satellite system from Solman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have scheduled EWA report in Solution Manager for one of the satellite system.

Solution Manager has sudddenly stopped creating of job /BDL/TASK_PROCESSOR0000002218 (ie job which is created immediately as EWA is scheduled in Solution Manager)

/BDL/TASK_PROCESSOR is running correctly and on hourly basis in satellite.

The EWA report is getting generated in Solution Manager after long time and without job /BDL/TASK_PROCESSOR0000002218 (is sessin specific job) being triggered.

Kindly help.

Regards,

Trupti M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Trupti,

Where is job /BDL/TASK_PROCESSOR0000002218 running, on Solution Manager?

Solution Manager also has an SDCCN Task Processor job /BDL/TASK_PROCESSOR that runs hourly.

Is job /BDL/TASK_PROCESSOR0000002218 a variant someone has scheduled?

Are you getting any errors in the log?

You say the EWA report is being created after a long time. EWA reports should be automated.

What process is taking a long time? SM:EXEC SERVICES will process the session data into an EWA report.

The job /BDL/TASK_PROCESSOR0000002218 will run Maintenence Package that will schedule a SEND DATA

SDCCN TASK to send the data from the Satellite system to Solution Manager. The sent data then needs to be processed by SM:EXEC SERVICES. So is it the part between sending and processing that is taking a long time?

Have you check the SM:EXEC SERVICE job log?

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

The job /BDL/TASK_PROCESSOR0000002218 as per my knowledge and observation gets triggered immediately in satellite system when you schedule EWA report for satellite system in Solution Manager.

Kindly correct my underdstanding if incorrect.

The sending of session data from satellite system to Solution Manager is taking time.

Regards,

Trupti M

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Trupti,

The sending of service session data from the satellite system to Solution Manager can take up to 24 hours.

If it is taking longer than this, then you have an issue. If it is not taking this long, then it is within expectations for this process.

Often it is much faster, but it depends upon a host of criteria. But SAP states in many documents the sending of

service session data from a Satellite system to Solution Manager can take up to 24 hours.

I hope this information is helpful.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

But the session specific BDL/TASK_PROCESSOR is not getting triggered automatically which used to b ethe case earlier!

Can you tell me why thst is happneing?

Regards,

Trupti M

JaredS
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Trupti,

When you activate the SDCCN for the first time, the task /BDL/TASK_PROCESSOR is created and ultimately scheduled. This is the controlling job for SDCCN.

My first advice would be to check in SM37 and verify if the job is indeed running and if it is cancelling due to errors.

It will also show you the interval that is the job is setup to run. Usually on an hourly basis.

If you want to recreate this task, the easiest way is to deactivate the SDCCN and activate it again.

Follow the steps below to do so.

Logon with userID that you want to use for SDCCN jobs.

Deactivation: SDCCN-> Goto -> Settings -> TaskProcessor

Switch to change mode and push 'Deactivate' button and save.

-Activation: SDCCN-> Utilities->Activate

activate SDCCN in local? -> Yes

Create SDCC_OSS -> No

After this, please check the job scheduling and job user of

/BDL/TASK_PROCESSOR to ensure successful reactivation.

Edited by: Jared Singh on Apr 29, 2010 7:41 PM

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Trupti,

The job should be /BDL/TASK_PROCESSOR.

This job should be scheduled hourly. Is it?

Is the job log indicating any issues or problems being encountered?

The scheduled tasks will have an issue if the /BDL/TASK_PROCESSOR job is not running, or running with errors.

If your task processor has stopped, Jared has provided instructions on how to start it (also how to stop and restart it)

Solman schedules the automatic EarlyWatch Alert SDCCN task ( the task that sends the session data to Solman) via the

maintenance package task on the Satellite that will trigger teh EarlyWatch Alert task on the satellite system, and through EarlyWatch Alert for Solution Manager SDCCN task on the Solution Manager system.

So I think you need to start checking logs, and determine what is failing, what is not scheduled that should be. Even if you don't know how to proceed, if you can provide some more details, perhaps more pertainent information can be provided.

Regards,

Paul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

My problem is solved.

Actually the Task: EarlyWatch Alert for Solution Manager under 'To Do' view of sdccn of satellite system was somehow getting scheduled as Back dated(ie instead of 30.04.2020 it was getting scheduled at 28.04.2010)

Due to this when we would do 'Start now' for the Task 'EarlyWatch Alert for Solution Manage' it was not getting triggered.

So I manually did refresh session which was mentioned under steps for manully sending data to SolMan under solution_mamanger tcode.

Due to this job BDL/TASK_PROCESSOR0000002237 got created.After this job got completed Task ''EarlyWatch Alert for Solution Manager ' got automatically generated.

I back dated the date for Task ''EarlyWatch Alert for Solution Manager" and started it.

Due to this the job /BDL/TASK_PROCESSOR0000002238 got created in satellite system for sending data to SolMan (This was not happening earlier.)

Extract from Solution_Manager tcode when scheduling:

When the Session Refresh task has been processed, a new task with the appropriate session type and session number appears in the To do view. This task collects and sends the data for your session. If a new task does not appear, search in the task-specific log for errors that ocurred during the Session Refresh task and make any necessary corrections.

To start the task immediately, select it and right-click to call up the context menu.

Choose Start Now. When the task has been processed successfully, it appears in the Done view. The data has been sent to your SAP Solution Manager system. You can check this in the task-specific log.

Thanks for all your help. Hoping my post will also be helpful for others.

Regards,

Trupti M