cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field assignemnt problem......

Former Member
0 Kudos

my requirement is such that , for example, if material type='Cu' , take values from lookup table or else take manual entry from user, i want this as an assignment, so that i can put it in work flow. and manual entry is optional.., can anyone help me with this...thanjs in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mandeep for quick reply, i tried what you said its taking lookup table values for CU, but when i tried to enter manual values to other material type and save a records, the values i entered are gettimng disappered , i have a workflow after update and i included this assignment in that update., when i remove thios newly created assignments its taking manual values but i only want to enter manual values for material type CU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Have you used Branch Step ? What Role and user have you assigned to Process step, when you are adding values manually for process step using workflow make sure that you login with correct user which you assigned to this process step. So, for process step if you login data manager with correct user it should allow you to save manual values for other material type.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me explain you better, i have field classification code, the values in this field for the records in MDM comes from a lookup table brand. we have a assignment added to workflow for this to happen, ie after import workflow, after update workflow.

The condition(assignment expression) in the assignment which is attached to Classification code is IF(GTIN Type.Code="DU" OR GTIN Type.Code="Alt RSU", Brand.Classification Code). user wants to add classification code manually to other types of GTIN ie for CU etc , which i am not able to do. classification code is not saving in the record when user enters manually for other types of GTIN's which are not specified in assignment expression ie it turning blank.

can anyone guide me, suggest me what can i go about it, or do i need to change assignment expression , and to what.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I do understand your requirement. As i suggested above i think if you change the design of your MDM workflow this can be achieved. There is nothing wrong in your Assignment Expression. What i am trying to emphasize here is that before running this assignment in workflow if your workflow job gets split into two parts, one part I mean all records comes which satisfies condition GTIN Type.Code="DU" OR GTIN Type.Code="Alt RSU" should move to assignment step so that all records satisfying this condtion automatically move to assign step where your logic IF(GTIN Type.Code="DU" OR GTIN Type.Code="Alt RSU", Brand.Classification Code) will populate this assignment field. Second part which does not satisfy this condition should not go to this assignment but to some user which manually can populate this Assignment field using MDM data Manager Record mode where he can see all the records assigned to him and can populate this Assignment field using Record Details tab for each of record manually. I don't know what design are you using in your Workflow but as i said above before assignment step if you split this records based on condition GTIN Type.Code="DU" OR GTIN Type.Code="Alt RSU" using validation which you will make use in your branch step. then this thing can be easily taken care of

Validation expression:

GTIN Type.Code="DU" OR GTIN Type.Code="Alt RSU"

>Branch Step( Based on this validation)> For True (Assign Step) which contains your assignment---> Stop1.

-

> For False (Process Step)---->Stop2.

Process step is assigned to some user and this user will get only records which does not have GTIN.Type = DU or Alt RSU. So when this user login with data manager, he will see the workflow job containing records assigned to him which he can edit manually using record details tab of record mode of data manager after completing his job he can move the workflow to next step.

Please let me know if you don't understand something else mark thread as answered.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

You can write an assignment easily.

IF(Material Type = "CU", Lookuptablevalue )

So this assignment will fill this lookuptable value only if Material Type = CU.

I can think of workflow design where your this requirement can be fulfilled. For this you will also create a validation and in validation expression write Material type = CU which will return True if it is there else false if Material type is not CU.

Start>Branch Step( Based on this validation)> For True (Assign Step)---> Stop1.

-

> For False (Process Step)---->Stop2.

For True, Assign step(Based on assignment) automatically assign lookuptable value for true if Material Type = CU using MDM Workflow. For False, Process step is assigned to User/Role which can either put value manually or not (optional) as per your requirement.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini