Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI leaks RFC connection on the ERP system

DG
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have noticed that the number of PIRFCUSER is increasing and there continue to be users on the system and they never log off. If I look in SM04 I can see the number of sessions the PIRFC user has is increasing with 3-4 users per day. The systems been running for a long time without any problems and this problem is now starting.

In SM04 the PI RFC user only uses 0Mb sessions. So it is not a user that is logged in.

Is it the PI that forget to log off some connection, when it is posting messages to the RFC system.

Have you seen this error before.

Both ERP and PI has been restartet, but we still have the leak of users.

We have a 4.7 ERP system and a PI 7.1.

Best Regards

Daniel Graversen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madhusudana_reddy2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this is behavior of RFC Adapter, because as the RFC Adapter doesnt have any poll interval to connect to sender, it will keep on hold the connection in Sync with end system. If the connection lost in between then again it will retry(in the intervals of 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64 etc that means if connection lost it will retry to establish connection in next 1 sec if again failes it will retry after 2 .........) to establish connection automatically( even there is no data to pass to receiver SAP through RFC Channel).

To minimise the connection to SAP system put initial connections parameter in Sender RFC channel to 1 and maximum connections to 2 or 3 according to your number of interfaces.

Please read SAP Note for RFC

thanks,

madhu

DG
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We implemnted Note 999304 and it seemed to solve the problem.

Answers (0)