cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Client Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We need to perform Remote Client Copy from PRD 100 to QA 100.Last time when we copied the log I am checking in SCC3.We used SAP_ALL Profile.

the details :

Statistics for this Run

- No. of Tables 53166 of 53166

- Number of Exceptions 12

- Deleted Lines 13753402

- Copied Lines 18558594.

My Question is PRD has 1 client so when we are copying to QA with SAP_ALL profile whether all the tables get copied??If we have done a system copy it would have copied 100 along with 000 & 001 client data.Is there anything else it does in System Copy??What is Number of Exceptions & deleted lines in the log??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Das,

Client copy is for copying client;s data only i.e. it can copy user master,master data,transactional data, customization etc.

Where as system copy covers all system copy that includes all clients.

The log you mentioned is showing how many rows has been overwritten or deleted during client copy, which should happen as you are overwriting an existing client.

You can also go with system copy from PRD to QA.

You can get guides from service market place.

Which all things will be covers in SAP_ALL please refer this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/99/0a2a887e2511d2a6250000e82deaaa/content.htm

Regards,

Gagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per SAP Doc "The customizing and application data is deleted in the target client before copying for all profiles except SAP_USER. This is technically unavoidable". Suppose after deletion somehow network link gets affected or database gets down then how can we get back the data other than backup/restore??

Moreover as per your stataement in both client & system copy data is copied.The only diffrence is in SC(all the client datas are copied) in CC (particular client data is copied.Is there anything else that is copied extra in system copy?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you do a System copy from ABC system with XXX and YYY client to DEF system (whatever clients it has) then after the system copy your target i.e., DEF will have clients XXX and YYY and whatever clients were there in DEF before system copy will go away.

Where as if you are doing a client copy from XXX client of ABC system to ZZZ client of DEF system, then based on the profile you choose...for example if you take SAP_ALL then it will copy all the data from client XXX (inlcuding all client independant and dependant) to target client ZZZ. Suppose, say if you have more than one client in DEF system then after the client copy the client independant data copied from XXX to ZZZ will also gets copied in all available clients of DEF and client dependant data will get copied only in ZZZ.

Hope this clarifies your query.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sory, forgot to answer your other query..yes as you said during client copy before copying the data it is deleted in target system and at that time if any issues like network break up or database issues comes then other than restarting the client copy once again or restoring the data from backup, I guess there is not other way. This is the reason why we are asked to take backup before doing client copy and also I would suggest you to do a test run before proceeding with the actual client copy.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Das,

Suppose after deletion somehow network link gets affected or database gets down then how can we get back the data other than backup/restore??

You may want to use export/import to avoid this.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/69/c24c824ba111d189750000e8322d00/content.htm

Regarding your queries you can browse to [here|http://www.saptechies.com/faq-client-copy/]

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Das ,

Greetings !

In Client copy , as the name indicates, it copies the source client(PRD 100) to the target client(QUA 100) .

Depends on the profile you used, the copiying and overwriting will happen . If you use SAP_ALL, all the customizing and master data will be overwritten. Anyway , it will not affect any of your other clients . In System copy, it is like a Db refresh. All the clients will be overwritten . But for client copy, I would suggest to go for Export/Import client copy, since remote client copy depends on network speed and it is too time consuming .

Regards,

Nibu Antony