Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error deploying WebService fron NWDS and in Transport Studio

michael_voss2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

I made some changes to a WebService, deployed from NWDS to our test server and everything worked fine. So I checked in the activity, released it , imported into consolidation and tried to deploy into the consolidation server. This deployment failed with

java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application lvr.de/anl~anleiwso.. 
                     Reason: Webservices common deployment exception! The reason is: Error occurred, trying to update web services for application lvr.de/anl~anleiwso. . Additional info: none; nested exception is: 
                     	java.lang.Exception: com.sap.engine.interfaces.webservices.server.deploy.WSDeploymentException: Webservices common deployment exception! The reason is: Error occurred, trying to update web services for application lvr.de/anl~anleiwso. . Additional info: none
                     	at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.server.deploy.ws.update.WSUpdateProcessor.updateWebServices(WSUpdateProcessor.java:164)

Then I tried to deploy to the test server again (from NWDS) and got exactly the same error message, so I am no longer able to deploy this software component...

Can anyone provide any input as to what I have to do to be able to deploy again ? We need to get this change into production by tomorrow...

Thanks

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if your test server is up and running.

Regards,

Poojith mV

michael_voss2
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, the servers are perfectly allright, I can deploy other DC's from NWDS (to Development) as well as from Transport Studio (to Consolidation), everything is fine except I cannot deploy the only deployable DC from this one track to any server, may it be Development or Consolidation.

Here is another part of the deployment stack trace I discovered a minute ago:

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
  at java.util.zip.ZipEntry.<init>(ZipEntry.java:89)
  at java.util.jar.JarEntry.<init>(JarEntry.java:65)
  at com.sap.engine.lib.jar.JarExtractor.extractFile(JarExtractor.java:225)
  at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.server.deploy.ws.WSArchiveFilesLocationHandler.extractEntry (WSArchiveFilesLocationHandler.java:339)

Seems like something's gone wrong creating a jar, but the build succeeds without any problem, in NWDS and on the server...

Edited by: Michael Voss on Apr 29, 2010 2:46 PM

michael_voss2
Participant
0 Kudos

We resolved the issue. If anyone is interested:

I intended to change the interface of the WebService, so I had to remove the WebService VI and configuration.

When creating the new VI and configuration, both were not added to DTR, which I did not notice since it only shows up in the general output view. So those two files existed only locally.

The local build and the deployment to Development using NWDS went fine because it was a local build which uses local files. When deploying to consolidation, those files were missing leading to a NPE.

After that, the compartment was corrupt and the WebService had to be removed from both deployment and consolidation servers via Visual Admin. After that and adding the two files to DTR, a correct deployment was possible to all runtime systems.

Thanks to everyone

Michael

former_member188073
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Is it necessary to that on the Dev and cons runtime systems. We faced this issue after assembly on Quality server, hence did the recommendation only on quality. Plus we do not have a separate system for Cons.

Regards,

Varun