cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM JAVA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am not a java programmer but I used to run a java program to get record values from our MDM repository through MDM JAVA API. I can use Eclipe to edit this small program for a very small change for our business. So far it is running perfect since all thses are based on our MDM installation as 5.5 SP06 (build is 5.5.62.47).

In order to test if this program will also work in upgraded MDM 7.1 version which has currently installed on our Sandbox (build is 7.1.03.86). I have updated the java libs and use Eclipe to run it. I can see that I am able to build connections to our repository from MDM Console but unfortunately I have the following errors messages:

(the first several lines in messages )

-

-

Created repos session: fab63dbabff48e47

Created user session: fab63dbabff48e44

com.sap.mdm.commands.CommandException: com.sap.mdm.internal.protocol.manual.ServerException: Ungültige externe Daten

at com.sap.mdm.data.commands.AbstractRetrieveLimitedRecordsCommand.execute(AbstractRetrieveLimitedRecordsCommand.java:181)

at com.sap.mdm.data.commands.RetrieveLimitedRecordsCommand.execute(RetrieveLimitedRecordsCommand.java:173)

:

:

-

-

Could any of you suggest me what could be the problems ? Your help is much appreciated!

Thanks very much in advance

Kind regards,

WD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi WD,

First MDM Jar files version must be the same as per MDM 7.1 build 7.1.03.86. I would also suggest for remove all the External MDM Java API Jar files then add those required MDM Java API Jar files and rebuild your project to run java program.

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the scenario, you explained, the problem is with referenced MDM Java Jar files which you add to your project. As per my understanding, you are using the same project for MDM 7.1 Java project, which you used for creation of MDM 5.5 Java program. You did not create the new project for MDM 7.1 Upgrade.

Sometimes, the Eclipe gives that kind of problems. Try out the below mentioned steps, hope it resolved:

1. Remove all the MDM 5.5 Java jar files.

2. Close the your project and restart Eclipe application as well.

3. Add MDM 7.1 Java jar files to your project.

4. Build your project.

This may resolve your problem, if problem still persist, let us know plz.

Thanks/ -Tarun