Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV Excel in-place for ITS transactions

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

i wonder if:

1) ALV Excel inplace can be used within portal/ transactions provided through ITS

2) if yes, what configuration steps I must maintain (if there is any document about it, could anybody point me to it?)

3) if not, can anybody suggest any alternative? I need to have my Excels formatted (like standard ALV in-place Excel, like using OLE or when I generate a XML Office file, but that would take me too long to create all the outputs one by one) and if possible opened from the portal. If that could not be done, my users would accept to save it first and open the file then.

4) I need this functionality because on my portal the users access quite many standard ERP transactions. If I could do any programming, I would use Office UI WebDynpro container, but obviously I cannot do that. That is the reason I look for some SAP standard way how to do this.

Thank you for your time and effort if you ave read this far:))

Have a nice day everybody, regards Otto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like there is not real progress regarding this topic. Excel in-place is not supported in any GUI version except the SAP GUI for windows. For anybody who would struggle and waste time like me, please read here: Excel inplace not supported in ITS/Web GUI.

Note 512068 - Office integration and SAP GUI for HTML

Note 822867 - Desktop Office Integration: No support for ITS & Java GUI

Regards Otto